Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cabin Creek popeyes

been using cabin creek popeyes for umteen years. having hard time finding them. Was told cabin Creek is out of business? Anyone heard word of this? Their popeyes could take a lickin and keep on tickin.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cabin Creek popeyes

I wont know what to do if they go out! Me and my grandad always go to the lake and panfish every summer...Popeye tipped with a wax worm. One of the most fun ways to fish! Cabin creeks are the best ones!

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know about them closing but just looked at their website, it is still up. www.cabincreekco.com, they have the popeyes on their. it is where i get a lot of soft plastics from.

Post Thanks / Like

they had a booth at the dealer show friday.. i ordered 3 of everything from them. should be in sometime this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Cabin Creek popeyes

hey guys they are not shutting down. The company was bought out by another buy that is rebuilding the company. He is a really good guy. Cabin creek bait company is actually supporting out bass club www.centralkybassmasters.com. He is coming out with new style baits, a craw that is crazy good that we got some prototypes of. He says he is going to put up a new web site and that is in the working.

Post Thanks / Like

Far out man yeah I've tried other brands and they just don't hold up. Was told by guy at bait store they were shutting down as they have not responded to him. Changing hands may be the cause of that. Never underestimate the power of a popeye. Have had some big ol' fish chomp down on those things. Thanks a lot will head to their website. Been tearing up some trout this winter on pink size 0 popeyes and lost my last one. I put a micro lite reel on my fly rod for fishin the smaller trout streams. Absolute blast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burt.fishin View Post
    I wont know what to do if they go out! Me and my grandad always go to the lake and panfish every summer...Popeye tipped with a wax worm. One of the most fun ways to fish! Cabin creeks are the best ones!
    Cabin Creeks baits went down hill for a while, But Alan & Katrina Ware bought them out a year or so ago. From what Alan told me the man who used to own Cabin Creek used to have everything made outside of the shop and had it shipped in. That's why there was so much color difference in the product. Or it was not cut exactly right. Alana and Katrina are doing it right. The are poring and cutting right there in the shop Trust this, if its not 100% right it don't go out the door.
    They have some new product coming out and its good stuff. I seen it first hand.
    Katrina is redoing there web site as we speak. I am going to there shop this coming Friday to talk about sponsoring our club.

Post Thanks / Like

I second the thought on Alan Ware. I went to school with him and he is a straight up guy and a heck of a fisherman to boot.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know but they were one of our first advertisers back in the mid 90's
    Not much help to your question but I had not heard their name in a long time and thought a little history in order. Most people did not know what the internet was when they bought the ad. I think it did them some good.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to clear things up...Cabin Creek is NOT out of business & the popeyes WILL continue. Alan and Katrina wanted to concentrate on the soft plastics & were going to discontinue the popeyes and bob-n-flys. Instead of discontinuing them, they sold the rights to the jigs to another company which is the Cabin Creek Popeye Co. out of Lexington....Alan is pouring his soft plastics in Winchester & CC Popeye Co are getting the popeyes back in production. Www.cabincreekpopeye.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    I hope this will help! Cabin Creek is still in business and Allen is doing a wonderful job turning this company around. Allen and Katrina are producing the plastics in house now and soft plastics are their main focus. There was talk of discontinuing the Pop-Eye portion of the business, so myself and 2 other guys bought the Pop-eye and Bob-n-Fly division of Cabin Creek. Our company is Cabin Creek Pop Eye Company. We are currently distributing to numerous bait stores but still in the process of building the inventory back up from the supplier.

Our website is www.cabincreekpopeye.com

I know Allen, Katrina, and Cabin Creek Pop Eye Company appreciates your loyalty to our products and we are doing everything we can to load the bait stores back up!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone I am the third partner in the Cabin Creek Pop-Eye Company and wanted to confirm what has been said. Alan and Katrina sold us the Pop-Eye and Bob N Fly division and we are working hard to get them back in the stores at this time. We appreciate the loyalty to a great product and didn't want to see it go away. We have created a new ("Alabama Rig" for Crappie) The Pop-Eye Crappie Rig and Timber Spin along with the Pop-Eye Spinner that you will see in stores next week. We are also working on taking over the Spinner Baits and Frog Hair jigs to allow them to focus on the great new and old reliable products that have made them so popular. We can be found at www.cabincreekpopeye.com and if your favorite store does not have what you need have them give us a call to get them stocked up for what looks to be a great spring of fishing.