Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Lin........Unbelievable

I have been watching sports my entire 44 years on earth. NBA Basketball has the most athletic players that are head and shoulders better than anyone else playing their sport. So how can a kid that was never offered a D-1 Scholarship in College, plays at Harvard, then sits the bench at Golden State and Houston can do what he is doing for the Knicks? He has had at least 20 pts and 7 assist in 5 straight games which has only been done by Walt Frazier (twice), a no name and Lin in his first 5 games. Lin has scored more points in his first 5 starts than any other player in the HISTORY of the NBA since the merger, 7 more points than Shaq. Last night against Toronto he has 27-11, hits the game winning 3 pointer with .5 left on the clock. The other night the Lakers came to town and all the talk was Lin vs. Kobe. Not only did the Knicks win, Lin outscored Kobe 38-32.

Except for last nights game when Amare Stoudamire returned from 5 day absence due to the death of his brother and Carmelo Anthony has been out with a groin pull, Lin has been doing this with no name players. Amare played with Steve Nash and Lin's game is a lot like Nash so he should be fine. But Melo wants the ball A LOT and it will have issues not being the man. Funny thing is Lin was sleeping on his brother's couch last week because he only had a 10 day contract. The only reason he played at all was the front office made the coach put him in to see if he could play. The Knicks have picked up his contract for the rest of the year and Lin has his own place now. If he keeps this up, my guess is a small increase in pay for next year.

My son is 8 and he wants to be the next Lebron James. Lin is the first player from Chinese decent to play in the NBA and I think I heard the 3rd Asian to play in the NBA. My son was found abandoned in a field in Katmandu Nepal, which is between India and China. We ASSUME he was born in Nepal but will never know. He knows all this information and was watching Sportscenter about Lin as they mentioned the fact that only 3 players of Asian decent had played in the NBA and he said "I am going to be the 4th". It is pretty cool since Lin is a 6-2 point guard, my son is the point guard on his team and my son's genes will make him a lot closer to Lin's 6-2 than Lebron's 6-8, 260.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jeremy Lin........Unbelievable

Lin has been amazing and it's refreshing to see a man who looks to be having fun and still playing some of the best ball. As far as the first man of Chinese decent I would say Yao Ming who is now retired (i think?). He was a big dude!

Post Thanks / Like

Lin is definately a beast! Will it last though?

Post Thanks / Like

If mello can handle sharing the spotlight with a point guard that's on fire they should do well. Mello is the star so he has to get on board mentally or there will be problems. It's gonna sukk for the whole team if they start losing just by feeding mello's ego.
    I think in short it's up to mello if this will last. I think be will buy into it because he wants to win!! Time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Lin has been amazing and it's refreshing to see a man who looks to be having fun and still playing some of the best ball. As far as the first man of Chinese decent I would say Yao Ming who is now retired (i think?). He was a big dude!
    I should have said first player with Chinese parents born in the United States to play in the NBA.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how long this kid can keep it up, or if he can or not, but he has sure been fun to watch. Heard a good story by his college coach. He played at Harvard for former Duke player and Michigan coach Tommy Amaker. He had good numbers in the Ivy League, but it was still Harvard and the Ivy League. Amaker told the team before a game that there were only two players in college basketball that could take over and dominate the game, John Wall and Jeremy Lin. Amaker said he told them that to fire him up, but he really didn't believe it. Now look at the kid.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin McHale, Head Coach of Houston Rockets, was on Sportscenter just now trying to defend his decision to cut Lin earlier in the year. Said there was no room on the roster for Lin, no room for a guy averaging 27 and 10. Said they had 3 point guards under contract, unless each of them were averaging 27 and 10 then TRADE THEM OR GIVE THEM AWAY. Said Lin can't keep this play up over the long term meaning "I was a failure as a coach in Minnesota and I sure hope I don't prove what a bad coach I am AGAIN"

Post Thanks / Like

McHale is an odd one. He played great with the Celtics but I was never impressed with his presence as a coach. It takes a special man to coach in the NBA and so far I don't see him as being a great coach. Seems like a wanderer who's magic he had as a player is eventually gonna wear off. I have watched a few interviews with McHale through the years and I just dont get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    McHale is an odd one. He played great with the Celtics but I was never impressed with his presence as a coach. It takes a special man to coach in the NBA and so far I don't see him as being a great coach. Seems like a wanderer who's magic he had as a player is eventually gonna wear off. I have watched a few interviews with McHale through the years and I just dont get him.
    All I know is, if you are a Head Coach in the NBA and thru Practice or some other evaluation you can't see the talent in a kid that is averaging 27 and 10, you are an idiot. Since Lin stepped onto the floor a week ago, Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Durant, Wade, Dirk and every other NBA Headliner is NON EXISTENT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    All I know is, if you are a Head Coach in the NBA and thru Practice or some other evaluation you can't see the talent in a kid that is averaging 27 and 10, you are an idiot. Since Lin stepped onto the floor a week ago, Kobe, Lebron, Howard, Durant, Wade, Dirk and every other NBA Headliner is NON EXISTENT.
    I personally think the ones you mentioned are the best right now and I really dont think he can keep it up but time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    I personally think the ones you mentioned are the best right now and I really dont think he can keep it up but time will tell.
    I wasn't trying to imply Lin was better than any of the guys I mentioned. I was trying to say these guys normally dominate ESPN stories and Lin has 5-6 different segments on every Sportscenter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    I wasn't trying to imply Lin was better than any of the guys I mentioned. I was trying to say these guys normally dominate ESPN stories and Lin has 5-6 different segments on every Sportscenter.
    I understand and am with ya. I just dont believe he will prove to be nearly as good as any you mentioned. If he does, I will be the first to congrulate him.