Search Fishin.com

Thread: new humminbird

Post Thanks / Like

new humminbird

on bbc louge, humminbird is going to come out with 360 deg viewing. just what i need and can`t afford. I don`t have si or di yet let alone 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new humminbird

That makes 2 of us as I don't have either, but have fished with an SI unit quite a bit. Could have had one last year, but wanted to pay bills off knowing that it may be slow at work this year & glad I did. I will pick one up as soon as possible, but being layed off with winter & this years work not looking really good don't know for sure when that will be. I like SI on trolling motor. By far better than DI only units as you have so much more coverage & can see a school of fish just out of range of standard 2d & especially DI. Will be putting an SI transducer at trolling motor & transom both to be able to use unit in either position. Now if I could just scrape the funds together or they'd raise the limit on unemployment to around $1000.00 a week. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah .... it's ONLY a $2000 add-on ... and it only works with certain models :

"To get the detail and unprecedented coverage of Humminbird 360 Imaging, you'll need an Ethernet-ready, Side Imaging-equipped Humminbird fishfinder. Compatible models include:
    1198c SI Combo | 998c SI Combo | 898c SI Combo | 798ci HD SI Combo "

And you have to "deploy" the transducer, and make sure it's below the lowest point of the boat/motor.

... pappy

Post Thanks / Like

Humminbird want's 2 grand for this thing. Well that's what it cost at Cabelas I'm told.

Nice idea but most will have to wait until they get all the rich people to buy them first before they lower the price where I can afford one.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Humminbird its going to run $1500. But it is a add on to their specific models which run about the same $1500. And the deployment device is like a power pole/talon anchoring device. I haven't even got a Hydrowave unit yet! Man I just want to fish!