Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Colts to release Peyton Manning

What in the heck is wrong with Jim Irsay? Has this man lost his mind? GM, Coach, several long standing players have been fired or released. Now this delirious Gabillionaire is letting Peyton Manning walk. He says it is not about the money but he wants to rebuild with a new QB as well as new everything else. I knew this was coming, everybody knew this was coming, but the fact that it will happen today officially is unbelievable. Peyton worked out at Duke last week for several days and threw the ball as good as he has ever thrown. Good for him in that he is healthy enough to play and wants to play. Now the Peyton courtship begins starting with Washington, Arizona, New York Jets, Miami, Seattle and any other team that NEEDS a QB. The Dome that Indianapolis plays their home games in should be named the "House that Peyton Built", because it is not built if not for the success of the Colts because of Peyton Manning. Part of me hopes Andrew Luck becomes Ryan Leaf because Peyton deserves to finish out the 5 year contract that he signed in May of 2011. I don't care how good Luck is supposed to be, he will NEVER do for Indy what Peyton has done for Indy. Irsay saying it is not about the money, it is about re-building is a joke.

New York Jets
    Washington Redskins
    Miami Dolphins
    Arizona Cardinals

I say are the 4 teams that come calling the hardest to sign Manning.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Colts to release Peyton Manning

He will never go to the Jets. There is way too much stupid asinine stuff that goes on there that he would never put up with. The front runners will be Houston and San Francisco, followed by Seattle.

Post Thanks / Like

I always figured they had to move on without him. I'm just surprised Peyton is gonna play again. Isn't he just a few good hits from being jacked up? BTW.....in sports it's always about the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I always figured they had to move on without him. I'm just surprised Peyton is gonna play again. Isn't he just a few good hits from being jacked up? BTW.....in sports it's always about the money.
    Especially when they say its not about the money.

Post Thanks / Like

My top three guesses:

Dolphins
    Texans
    Cardinals

As far as if releasing him was a mistake, we can't really know for sure because we are not privy to his medical records or his workouts. There were a lot of people who criticized the Packers when they traded Farve in order to move on with Rodgers. They ended up looking like geniuses when Rodgers won them a SB trophy.

The bottom line is we will not know the answer by how Luck does in year one (remember Peyton's 1st year), but instead how Peyton does the next two to three years.
    Last edited by SLP; 03-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That makes 2 fellas picking the Texans. Matt Shaub was having a career year before getting hurt last season. I would be shocked if he went to the Texans.

My Top 5 in Order are:

Arizona Cardinals - Because of Larry Fitzgerald

Miami Dolphins - If Matt Flynn does not beat him there first

Seattle Seahawks - Pete Carroll hated getting beat by Harbaugh when they were at USC and Stanford and he hates it more now. In Seattle, Peyton will have a running game in Marshawn Lynch, who just signed a long term deal

Washington Redskins - When was the last time they had a QB, Joe Theisman?

New York Jets - Mark Sanchez is not getting it done and he needs a mentor plus the Giants winning a couple of Super Bowls recently.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Miami.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I bet Miami.
    He might, but the new Head Coach in Miami Joe Philbin used to be Green Bay's offensive coordinator. Not saying Matt is better than Peyton but Matt will walk in knowing the offense

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Washington Redskins - When was the last time they had a QB, Joe Theisman?
    Unless he has no other options, I would be shocked if Peyton went to the Skins.

1) I don't think he would want to compete in the same division as his brother.
    2) Their OL is a real question mark.
    3) They have little offense weapons.
    4) A very controlling coach (Peyton is used to having a lot of control of the offense)
    5) Meddling ownership.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Peyton will want to go to a team that can't contend for a super bowl....The teams listed don't have what it takes to get there even with Peyton, aside from maybe the Jets

Let me throw a sleeper out there for ya....The San Francisco 49er's...Alex Smith is currently out of contract and has yet to sign an extension...The 9er's have the BEST defense in the league, a really strong running game to keep Peyton off the ground, a dominant tight end, and recievers that are about as good as what he was working with in Indy....It probably won't happen, but would make a lot of sense for both sides wanting to win right now...Alex Smith has enough years in the league to prove that he's never going to be an elite quarterback

With all that said the Colts are idiots....Not only for releasing Peyton the quarterback, but for releasing Peyton the man...Not only was he one of, if not the best QB in the league, he was a serious class act and the face of the city....Why not bring Peyton back for a couple years and let him mentor Luck....Could the Packers have laid a more perfect blueprint out there for them...The money the Colts would have had to pay Peyton is probably less than or equal to the revenue Peyton brings to the town and to the Colts....I honestly feel bad for Peyton, and hope he has great success wherever he lands...You can't wish bad for Luck because of the situation he's been put into, but I'm not the least bit envious of him having to attempt to step in the rather large shoes Peyton laid out there

Post Thanks / Like

Alex Smith, 8 years in the league with 8 different Offensive Coordinators and not sure how many different coaches. With Harbaugh being a former QB and Smith getting his team to one game from the Super Bowl, unless he is asking for elite QB money, I say he is back. I think the Jets will push hard for Peyton. Ryan always predicts a Super Bowl for the Jets and Sanchez has had enough years in a stable environment to prove he can't get the job done. I say get rid of Romo in Dallas and offer Peyton the Moon. Jerry Jones needs to keep filling up that stadium and Romo is a better "Romeo" than QB