Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wind farms paid NOT to produce electricity

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

And I'd link a story from ANYWHERE besides Fox, but guess what. No other media outlet picked it up. Does that mean it is NOT TRUE, or does that mean the other media outlets DON'T want it out there because it will hurt Obama??

AMAZING.....We subsidized them building the plants.....and NOW we PAY them to NOT produce green energy.....

BRILLIANT.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wind farms paid NOT to produce electricity

Just another example of why government shouldn't be involved in propping up failing business models with taxpayers money.

One thing however. While there is much to criticize president Obama for to be honest and fair I believe many of these wind projects were approved and built under the Bush administration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...est=latestnews

And I'd link a story from ANYWHERE besides Fox, but guess what. No other media outlet picked it up. Does that mean it is NOT TRUE, or does that mean the other media outlets DON'T want it out there because it will hurt Obama??

AMAZING.....We subsidized them building the plants.....and NOW we PAY them to NOT produce green energy.....

BRILLIANT.

Later,

Geo
    Geo not to get involved in the politics of wind farms. But this story hits the point of the new liquid batteries that are being developed at MIT.

The power grid is designed to generate electricity on a peak demand basis. They have to generate enough to keep up with the use. When they do this 100,000's of kilowats are discharged back into the ground as surplus.

These new liquid batteries will store this energy until demands need it. Capacity is only limited by the number of batteries. Wind farms, solar farms and even oil fired generators can produce energy anytime (when they have cheap oil surplus as example) and not waste excess in ground discharge.

Pretty cool stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydonky View Post
    Geo not to get involved in the politics of wind farms. But this story hits the point of the new liquid batteries that are being developed at MIT.

The power grid is designed to generate electricity on a peak demand basis. They have to generate enough to keep up with the use. When they do this 100,000's of kilowats are discharged back into the ground as surplus.

These new liquid batteries will store this energy until demands need it. Capacity is only limited by the number of batteries. Wind farms, solar farms and even oil fired generators can produce energy anytime (when they have cheap oil surplus as example) and not waste excess in ground discharge.

Pretty cool stuff.
    That is the biggest problem with wind today.....no way to really adequately store the energy.

In intelligent power grid, where you could direct the excess capacity all over the region would be nice, but I don't think I want the gubment spending 15 billion dollars to do that......

I have been reading about the new liquid batteries. I have some concerns about it but the technology seems promising.

My biggest concern is the battery medium, and disposal of used up batteries. Most everything I've read barely touches the environmental impact of liquid batteries. The scale of this could be so big that it could become a huge environmental concern.

Later,

Geo