Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about becoming a Kayak Fishing Guide

Sounds like a great idea,....a little fishing and getting paid a bit for it. First thought was, GREAT and you would not even need a Captains License, as that little piece of paper does not come cheap. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Hey guys, I havnt bought any extra yaks out but Ive been playing guide lately and have gained some good experience regarding how to handle a complete beginner not only to kayaking but fishing as well.

I recently took my cousin out who had never fished saltwater nor sat in a yak and he landed two king mackerel and several spanish mackerel. What a blast to have those fish rip out line at twenty miles an hour.

If any of you ever find yourself in the Pensacola to Destin area and wanting to wet a line or feel what its like to be towed around by a big fish in a small boat give me a shout, jldowns04 at g mail dot com
    Awesome, I am heading to the destin area last week of June and would love to do some angling.

Usually my wife and I go to Hilton head for the beach because she's got family there. I have gone on many guided trips there... Mainly targeting redfish in the marshes.

Coming to destin this year with my folks. Any idea whats biting in late June?

I'll send an email later when I get home. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrasser View Post
    Awesome, I am heading to the destin area last week of June and would love to do some angling.

Usually my wife and I go to Hilton head for the beach because she's got family there. I have gone on many guided trips there... Mainly targeting redfish in the marshes.

Coming to destin this year with my folks. Any idea whats biting in late June?

I'll send an email later when I get home. Thanks!
    Red snapper will be open then. If the seas are co-operative there is a good chance we can catch them. Kings, though mostly just ten pound schoolies will be abundant as well on the Gulf side.

Inshore the reds and specks will be biting. I have a redfish spot that is very productive in the middle of the day during the summer.

I prefer to fish offshore instead of inshore personally but the weather usually dictates where I fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I prefer to fish for whatever is biting the best, don't really care what or where that target might be. I have a pretty open mind attitude when fishing unfamiliar waters.

Also, I don't know what a bunch of ten pound "schoolies" of kings are like, but to a stream fisherman who mainly targets little trout, that sounds pretty exciting!

Will shoot you an email this evening...

Post Thanks / Like

We will be heading to Navarre Beach next weekend.

JD7.62, do you know if the fishing from the pier has been good lately?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ESOX2009 View Post
    We will be heading to Navarre Beach next weekend.

JD7.62, do you know if the fishing from the pier has been good lately?

Thanks!
    The pier is kind of hit or miss right now. Pomps are still running but the lady fish are so thick its hard to get a jig to them. Spanish and kings are sporadic.

I'm about five minutes from the pier. If you dont want to go yakking but want to catch some fish shoot me an email. I have some great spots you can wade and catch reds and specks.

Post Thanks / Like

I say you go for it full tilt! Sounds like you're prepared and sounds like your dream job. Why not give it a try? ... I'd prolly pay $25 - $30 and hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought two Hobies yesterday, a sport and an outback.

I took the outback on her maiden voyage today and got her nice and bloody. I landed three king mackerel and a big spanish mackerel. Also saw a fellow yakker hooked up into a nice sail. Its awesome sitting just a couple feet above the water and watching a big sailfish tailwalk across the water right in front of you. That is the second one Ive seen personally in a little over a week. I have a feeling my first billfish is coming soon.

The fishing is fantastic and honestly its hard NOT to catch fish out there right now.

Post Thanks / Like

JD, I sent you a PM.

Just wanted to let you know, because some times I forget to look at PMs.

Post Thanks / Like

Man that sounds like a blast Jason.Not sure I'm going to make it down to Destin this year with a new baby and all but I'm definetly looking you up when we do. I bet it's calmer out in the gulf than it was when we hit the river. LOL. GOOD LUCK with your venture. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ESOX2009 View Post
    JD, I sent you a PM.

Just wanted to let you know, because some times I forget to look at PMs.
    PM replied to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Man that sounds like a blast Jason.Not sure I'm going to make it down to Destin this year with a new baby and all but I'm definetly looking you up when we do. I bet it's calmer out in the gulf than it was when we hit the river. LOL. GOOD LUCK with your venture. Chuck
    Chuck, I think the Bearing Sea has calmer days then the last time we went out. Haha

The Gulf does often get smooth as glass. The fishing usually isnt as good but it sure is beautiful.

Next time you are down I owe you a trip for sure.