Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about becoming a Kayak Fishing Guide

Had a great trip with Esox and his son, great couple of guys.

The first day was a bit slower. Esox landed a bonita but the remora kept him busy haha. His son got a fat bobo and a spanish.

The second day just his son and I went out. The king bite was hot. I landed five kings, and he got three and a spanish. Good times.

Here is a pic of one of two of yesterdays mahi. Besides the two mahi I got three kings a spanish and a bonita. Snapper season is here in a couple days, bring it!

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...2/IMAG0811.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking fish, bet those are a blast to catch in a yak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bplgocards View Post
    Good looking fish, bet those are a blast to catch in a yak.
    It really is awesome watching a mahi jump over your head.

This fish I didnt even gaff. It took me about fifteen minutes to get it yak side and before I had a chance to gaff it, it jumped straight in the kayak and landed right between my legs. I have no idea how I didnt get a hook in me.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great day on the water with my five year old. Landed another mahi, had a GIANT, over a thousand pound, leatherback come up to us and just a few minutes later had a big green sea turtle also come up to us.

And to top it off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHsRl...ature=youtu.be

Post Thanks / Like

That is some amazing video man. Your daughter is so cute and will love that vid for the rest of her life..... Nice job!
    I'm with you, I would have been a little nervous as well. Dolphins are big and powerful!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jason! Great video and glad to hear that you are still catching the fish!

Blandon and I were muskie fishing this evening and we were wondering what kind of fish you were catching this week.
    When we got back to Kentucky, Blandon started trolling from his canoe that same x-rap that he used in your kayak and caught a nice muskie and the biggest walleye that he has ever caught.

Here's a picture of the walleye:

We had a great time fishing from the kayaks. It was a blast!

Post Thanks / Like

DJD, thanks, she is my little fishing pardner. When I landed the mahi she exclaimed, "Now THAT is what I want for dinner." haha

Esox, the fishing is still great though the next solid week its going to be too rough to take out the kayaks which is a bummer as that is a good chunk of our short forty day snapper season. Thats a great fish Blandon caught. Next time youre down look me up, hopefully by then I will have more Hobies with the mirage drives yall can use so you dont have to paddle any more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the chance to go out and do this in early June. I highly recommend trying it. He's good at it. See pics for proof. Same type fish you see on the big charter boats but a hell of alot more fun. We mostly trolled for about 4-5 hours off Navarre Beach for King Mackerel.
    It's pretty quiet that far off the beach without the sound of diesel engines running all day. You really know it when the drag starts to go. Can't wait to go again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	267.jpg 
Views:	744 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	3778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	278.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	3779  

Post Thanks / Like
    Aron, thanks for the kind words. Any time your down we will hit it. Snapper season was excellent this year and I found some great spots in the area we fished once I got a new fish finder.

Today, the last day of snapper season, I had something BIG on. I was using a Penn 4/0 with the drag locked down which is about twenty five pounds of drag. This fish was ripping out drag like I had hooked a submarine. The crazy thing, he pulled me so hard and fast that my kayak wouldnt turn around and I started taking water over he side of the boat. It was like the scene in Jaws except for I was sideways and that I really did need a bigger boat. After about thirty seconds of the fish just dumping the reel like it was his business, the knot broke. Im thinking it was a big cobia because he ate on the bottom but then swam up and out. A shark or a tuna would just stay down. Unfortunately I will never know. Give me a ring or shoot me an email next time you make it down here.