Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Let the Excuses flow....

UL wins the Big East Championship which everyone knows is the toughest conference for basketball and UK loses in their Championship game. Let the excuses begin UK fans.

P.S- Just stirring the pot a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let the Excuses flow....

Vandy won and Kentucky lost. Vandy outplayed us and Kentucky got way too happy with the 3 point line. Like Calipari said Friday and Saturday, there is a line between Swagger and Arrogance and Kentucky had played both games like the name on the jersey would win them the game. I never posted anything about the Florida game because I told my best friend that Kentucky was in trouble today. Vandy had played them tough 2 seperate times and is the only team to lose by less than double digits twice during the regular season. Considering only Alabama is the only other game Kentucky did not win by double digits in the conference, this says a lot about Vandy. Hopefully, History will repeat itself just like 1996, when Mississippi State beat the Top Ranked and #1 Seed in the Big Dance in the finals of the SEC tourney. Then Kentucky went on to roll thru the big dance on their way to their 6th title. I hate it that they lost but if they are going to lose, then lose now instead of the next 6 games.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say this about the Kentucky Freshmen. All year long, I have not seen MKG, Davis or Teague taunt, say or do anything like I have seen other kids do to show up the other team after a big play. People can talk about the one and doners all they want but these 3 have some serious character in themselves and the program at Kentucky. Anthony Davis went to Coach on Senior Day and said he wanted Eloy Vargas to get more playing time during his last game at Rupp and Cal sat Davis and played Vargas a lot in that game. Today MKG went to Cal and said he wanted Darius Miller to start in his place. Miller had not scored a single point in the first 2 games of the tourney and MKG thought by letting him start and getting him involved early it will help the team. Miller led the team in scoring today and will be needed to win the title later. Here you have 2 of the top if not THE top 2 Freshmen in America volunteering to give up playing time for other players out of kindness and team needs. These fellas are not Thugs like Demarcus Cousins. These kids have character and integrity and do care about the tradition of Kentucky and put the team needs first. Anybody that says they don't want one and doner's on their team can keep on sending the one's like Davis and MKG to Kentucky and we will take them all day long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigrod View Post
    UL wins the Big East Championship which everyone knows is the toughest conference for basketball and UK loses in their Championship game. Let the excuses begin UK fans.

P.S- Just stirring the pot a little.
    I don't follow basketball, I wouldn't give 1 dollar for season tickets for both UK and U of L, but while listening to the radio I heard this and after reading your post, I had to pass this one along. the guy on the radio was a UK fan and he said.....nobody beats UK but UK now that is the best excuse I've heard yet. UK beat them self, is that not a dandy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I don't follow basketball, I wouldn't give 1 dollar for season tickets for both UK and U of L, but while listening to the radio I heard this and after reading your post, I had to pass this one along. the guy on the radio was a UK fan and he said.....nobody beats UK but UK now that is the best excuse I've heard yet. UK beat them self, is that not a dandy.
    All he is saying is if every team in the country plays their best game then Kentucky wins. Did Kentucky play their best game today by shooting 28 -3 pointers and only making 6? No they did not. Kentucky has the best top 7 players in the country including the best player in the country. Does that mean they are a lock to win? No, but I will take my chances with them versus any other team. Kentucky and North Carolina for the title, provided they don't meet in the Final Four first.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    All he is saying is if every team in the country plays their best game then Kentucky wins. Did Kentucky play their best game today by shooting 28 -3 pointers and only making 6? No they did not. Kentucky has the best top 7 players in the country including the best player in the country. Does that mean they are a lock to win? No, but I will take my chances with them versus any other team. Kentucky and North Carolina for the title, provided they don't meet in the Final Four first.
    It is probably better for UK to have lost today, maybe it will motivate them. But if they play the way they did in the SEC tournament, they don't have a shot at the Nation Championship. Also, Lunardi currently has UofL the 4 seed in the same region as UK, that would be a lot of fun. UofL seems to hit their stride at the right time, and if UK played the way they did today I wouldn't be surprised at all if UofL wnn. Elnut does make a good point though, when UK is firing on all cylinders I don't think anyone can beat them, hard to play perfect for 6 games though...

Post Thanks / Like

Uk vs UConn 2nd round. You heard it hear first - UConn advances.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky needed that loss...they needed to taste it, etc before the NCAA. They'll still get the #1 seed.

Where's Louisville going to be seeded...#3? #4? or ?????

Post Thanks / Like

I see a repeat of 96' as well. I'll take uk, vandy, north Carolina, and Missouri for the final 4. Uk and Carolina play for it all and uk wins in an epic game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    Yep I been hearing that as well and IMO....it's the sign of a sore loser. I have seen teams beat themselves but today I saw a team get out played when it counted. Vandy had more to prove ( at least they played like it) and just never gave up. Congrats to Vandy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Netboy Extraordinaire View Post
    I will say this about the Kentucky Freshmen. All year long, I have not seen MKG, Davis or Teague taunt, say or do anything like I have seen other kids do to show up the other team after a big play. People can talk about the one and doners all they want but these 3 have some serious character in themselves and the program at Kentucky. Anthony Davis went to Coach on Senior Day and said he wanted Eloy Vargas to get more playing time during his last game at Rupp and Cal sat Davis and played Vargas a lot in that game. Today MKG went to Cal and said he wanted Darius Miller to start in his place. Miller had not scored a single point in the first 2 games of the tourney and MKG thought by letting him start and getting him involved early it will help the team. Miller led the team in scoring today and will be needed to win the title later. Here you have 2 of the top if not THE top 2 Freshmen in America volunteering to give up playing time for other players out of kindness and team needs. These fellas are not Thugs like Demarcus Cousins. These kids have character and integrity and do care about the tradition of Kentucky and put the team needs first. Anybody that says they don't want one and doner's on their team can keep on sending the one's like Davis and MKG to Kentucky and we will take them all day long.
    I wholeheartedly agree Elwood. I am not a UK fan and cannot stand Calipari, but I really like the kids on this team. They are not only extremely talented, but also care about winning first and they exhibit class all the way. With the exception of Cal and T. Jones, it is hard to find anything to dislike about UK's kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bplgocards View Post
    Uk vs UConn 2nd round. You heard it hear first - UConn advances.
    I agree! Looking forward to it!