Search Fishin.com

Thread: East Fork Lake

Post Thanks / Like

East Fork Lake

Hey all, I have a tournament coming up in the beginning of April at East Fork. Was just wondering has anyone fished there yet this year?

If so what is the water temperature, and what do the fish seem to be hitting on and where at?

Any help would be great!

Feel free to message me privately if you don't want it to be public.

Thanks, Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Fork Lake

Haven't fished it yet this season. but I do know it's up a little from the recent rains. the temp should start going up with the warm weather we're having. But baring any drastic change in temp and rain. I'd say it should be good fishing. i'd find some staging areas and work them over well. either up in the river. Or up in the flats past the ****. Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

alycat - Thanks, I appreciate your input, and also agree with what your saying. I haven't ever been to East Fork Lake or fished it, so I'm a little skeptical what areas to spend my time. I have a Topography Map and I'm checking it out a bit and getting as much insight from that as possible, but of course input from others who have fished it is awesome! Thanks again!

Good Luck with your fishing!

-kevinfindbass

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome kevin. i've been doing tournaments on that lake for the past five years. it's a tough lake at times. I try to look for rocky areas with wood cover. With access to deep water. In spring up in the river and creek mouths and creeks usually work well. The water is usually pretty clear and there isn't many weed beds. A shakey head worm, crankbait, spinnerbait, whackey worm senko are usually what I would have tied on in spring. I don't think the water temp is above 50 yet but with the warm weather and rain it may be getting up higher soon. Once it's above 50 I'd have a buzzbait and spook tied on. Good luck hope this helps...