Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elkhorn Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Elkhorn Creek

Anyone been out there lately? We're taking our kayaks out tomorrow and wanted to know how the water level is and what they've been hittin out there. Appreciate and info!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elkhorn Creek

Have not been lately but have had it on my mind. It should be PERFECT tomorrow! Be sure to report back...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smljaw View Post
    Have not been lately but have had it on my mind. It should be PERFECT tomorrow! Be sure to report back...
    right now the flow is at 1,030 CFS and steady. Just so ya know!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'll get on here tomorrow night and let you all know about all the one's that got away.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the Georgetown pool by Arby's yesterday(Tues). The water was up at least a foot and moving quickly. The color was good and the temp was 59-61. I boated 6, 3 smallies, 2lm and a bluegill. I also lost two at the boat. The biggest LM was 13 inches and the biggest SM was 10 inches.

When I crossed the bridge at Great Crossing tonight, the water looked to have come down some but still alot of water going over the dam. I would think that you will be having a quick ride especially putting in past the forks.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll be taking the drag chain out this time. Thanks for the update Slackdaddy! What kind of bait was working best for you on Tuesday?

Post Thanks / Like

Floated it Sunday at the Canoe Ky area. Water was high and muddy and running pretty fast. Caught a few fish as we pulled off into some slack water areas. I always do best on 2" grubs. White, Pumpkin, or a rebel craw are my baits of choice. Best of luck and report back.

Post Thanks / Like

I caught all on a Bandit crank, shad colored. Tried fishing the jigs some but the current made it a chore so I just cranked. All fish around rock banks.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the Yak put up and took a shower. We put in at Knights Bridge and made it about half way to Canoe KY before my buddy dumped his yak and lost everything that wasn't strapped down. This was only his third time on a yak, so it was pretty much everything! Good thing I was ahead of him cause I was able to grab a tackle box and his paddle and get it to him. He made it to the bank and I took off for the rest of his gear (that floated). Ended up getting everything except for his two poles that sank immediately. I had snapped one of the two poles I brought earlier in the day and didn't have the heart to fish in front of him after sinking (literally) about $300 worth of gear. Made for a pretty crazy day with no fish caught, but we did have a great excuse to make a run to Sportsman’s Warehouse after we dried off. There's always next time....
    [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Get caught in The Claw?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Just got the Yak put up and took a shower. We put in at Knights Bridge and made it about half way to Canoe KY before my buddy dumped his yak and lost everything that wasn't strapped down. This was only his third time on a yak, so it was pretty much everything! Good thing I was ahead of him cause I was able to grab a tackle box and his paddle and get it to him. He made it to the bank and I took off for the rest of his gear (that floated). Ended up getting everything except for his two poles that sank immediately. I had snapped one of the two poles I brought earlier in the day and didn't have the heart to fish in front of him after sinking (literally) about $300 worth of gear. Made for a pretty crazy day with no fish caught, but we did have a great excuse to make a run to Sportsman’s Warehouse after we dried off. There's always next time....
    [FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
    *Note to self* Do not go on the Elkhorn when the water is running fast and up to fish because the above will happen. Especially if your new to paddling. The Elkhorn is a class 1 to class 3 or 4 when the water is up. Just be glad that fishing equipment is all you guys lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    right now the flow is at 1,030 CFS and steady. Just so ya know!
    Where did you get that info from?