Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Request you expert input

I'm considering starting a whole new fishing industry line of service. I believe here exists the potential for an entirely new form of fishing guide services never before offered. I'm sure the unique character of the service opens yet another first for the fishing indusry, and may create a lucrative career path opportunity.

Pay Lake Fishing Guide Services.

And here's the commercial that would kick off the industry:

"Tired of the price of gas? Replacing 4 tires on your trailer about to bankrupt you? Do you spend more on boat trolling motor batteries than at your dentist office? Ramp fees are a real pain aren't they? Buying a truck to tow your rig about to cause you to take the third mortgage on your house, and send your wife looking for that all illusive 3rd job? Why not be the first in your area to offer a fishing service that guides people to meals on the table, without all the expense of fishing from a boat? Pay Lake Guides INC will teach you the fine art of how many shrimp it takes to hold a chicken liver on a #4 hook. It will teach you how to advertise your services. We'll show you why this industry can work for you. Think of it. All you need do is set the date, arrive 30 minutes early to pay the clients fee, set up the lawn chair, place the beer cooler, and have the chicken and shrimp on hand. When your customer arrives, you collect all your sunk costs, plus gas money to get home, and an extra $200 for your guide services. Then just tell the guy what he already knows, but sound like you're knowledgeable while you do it. No more KDFWR guide license fees, no boat insurance, no boat maintenance, no customer barf on the transom in rough water, and no more crazy boat slip fees. Be the first and get in on an industry that has nowhere to go but up. Paylake Fishing Guides......."We know where the fish are because we can find the lake on the map". "

Okay. Be honest with me, do you think I can make this work? It's either this or find a new set of references that might help me win that Walmart cart greeter's job that's been so hard to land.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Request you expert input

I assume you'll own the pay lake. Vertical integration.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Request you expert input

I hope you have better luck with this than my Private Pond Guide service. For some reason nobody wanted to pay me to come to their own property and show them how to successfully fish their own pond... I kept getting all these lame excuses like "we already catch a bunch of fish out of our pond".