Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Best place to get launch permit on way to Brookville

I am looking to head to Brookville this weekend, but need to get me an Indiana Launch permit. I was hoping that there was some where conveinent on the way to buy one that is open pretty early.

Also I know you can order them online and have them shipped, it probably wouldn't make it here in time, but do you think I would be okay if I just brought my receipt until I got the sticker?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best place to get launch permit on way to Brookville

If you bought your sticker online and have your reciept you will be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Best place to get launch permit on way to Brookville

Quote Originally Posted by roughthumbbg View Post
    I am looking to head to Brookville this weekend, but need to get me an Indiana Launch permit. I was hoping that there was some where conveinent on the way to buy one that is open pretty early.

Also I know you can order them online and have them shipped, it probably wouldn't make it here in time, but do you think I would be okay if I just brought my receipt until I got the sticker?
    I was told Mounds State park has them

However I went this past Saturday, my first trip to any lake in Indiana,
    I stopped at a gas station to purchase my licence in Brookville, after buying the the Lady told me they no good until April first and if I wanted to fish that day I had to purchase a one day licence, I thought about it a minute and decided to take my chances and play dumb if I got checked, so off to mounds to get my Launch permit, after getting to the ranger station they are closed on the weekend. I fished anyway Saturday came home and bought the Launch permit online since I cant fish there till April first anyway
    Good luck Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I had a real issue with the launch permit situation last year and the year before in Indiana. Tried to go to Monroe and fish but all of the ranger and entrance stations were still un-manned. They don't sell them, or didn't then, at any retail outlet. Fished once at Monroe and took my chances. Second time, the gatehouse at Paynetown had a kid there but they didn't have (or couldn't find) their supply of the stickers. So, once again, I fish illegally. Went online and ordered one but it didn't come by the next time I wanted to fish three days later. Took my receipt with me and was stopped at the launch ramp by a young C.O. who told me that the receipt was not suitable, that anyone could "forge" one, that only the sticker was valid and that I'd have to wait to launch until I have my physical sticker.
    I contacted the DNR and my State representative to complain about this problem. Asked why can't they sell them through retailers, they said that it was too expensive to do it that way. My feeling, if they're going to require you to have a launch permit on your boat, they dang well better make them widely available for purchase, and not require you to have a computer to get them. I suggested to them that it be an option to purchase one at the time of annual registration, either via mail or at the DMV. They once again fell back on the notion that it's just too complicated or expensive to do it that way, and I have a hard time believing that one. I'm all for users paying for the resource, but for Pete's sake, give me the opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

I called the DNR on this back In January. I told them I had a brand new boat I wanted to break in but didn't have my lake permit sticker or even the Indiana REG numbers on it. However I did have reciepts for both. He said not to worry about anything. Just make sure you have them in hand. ICO's treat reciepts just like temporary tags.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good to hear, HH. Guessing that the CO I ran into didn't know this yet, or hadn't run into it. That was last year though.
    Thanks!
    W

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Any reports on the bass fishing up there?