Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need bass club info

I would like some bass club info of a club that only fishes Sunday's. I just got kicked out of my club for having too much tournament experience and stomping them at Green river lake this past Sunday. I don't understand it because I'm not that good but they think I'm on a higher level them. I'm not. I have fished some bfls and ky federation tournaments over the years and won a few but never anything over an amateur level. This was my second year with the club and they had no problem taking my money only to get rid of me after our first tournament. I need to find a better club than this to hang out with and fish competitively. I don't need or want this kind of drama. Just a bunch of sore losers. Oh btw, did I forget to mention I got them two sponsors this years and worked hard to be a good member. Any help on this would be great! Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need bass club info

Where you from ??? What lakes are you interested in fishing ??? Sounds like a bunch of bad apples. I would have went off the deep end. Must have beaten the usual winners.

Post Thanks / Like

Renegade,Twin Lakes Division.They fish,nolin,rough,barren,and Ky lake all on Sunday's.First place is $2000 plus $7500 bonus money if you run a Nitro with a 250hp.Very well run tournament with the best in the state that fishes it.And if you do win you wil not be kicked out.Just curious why they done what they did.Doesn't sound like good sportsmanship to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from Louisville and my partner is from Henry Co. We fish anywhere river lakes, doesn't matter. I used to fish Renegade many years ago before they changed the divisions like they do. I may be interested in trying them out again. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out USA Bassin' - they have events on Sundays.
    I fish the division that goes out of Cox Park on the Ohio River.
    Usually about 15 boats per tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

I am MarkW partner and we were kicked out because we beat them last year and we had a strong tourm. last weekend ,the action the KBL took shows poor sportsmenship and child like. I am glad to no longer be a part of the KBL . I was told by the Pres. that if thay had known that we had a long histoy in competive bass fishing we would have never been ask to join there club.So thay only want members that thay can take there money.So all the Yard dart players that want to get into Bass fishing ,avoid this club.

Post Thanks / Like

What does KBL stand for? I've never heard of their bass club. I would be interested in joining their club and taking their money even though I haven't fished tournaments very long

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Bass League

Post Thanks / Like

IBTL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark Check out the USA Bassin KY-03 Renegade Twin lakes our next Tournament is April 1 2012 at Rough Come on out. Need more info Give me a Call John 270 535-5774

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to clarify....if anyone cares...KBL is a league for guys who are amateurs. We are not looking for the next KVD. Mark W is a very good fisherman and a very good member BUT he has a history! If we can google you and you show up with a history, then you are not the right fit. We want to have a competitive league. A guy who has professional bass fishing experience does not fit this mold. As a guy I like Mark W but he misrepresented his history and we acted accordingly. Just my side of the story but it should be told as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this thread was started almost a year ago and it would probably be best to let it die, but as a founding member of KBL I couldn't let this slide. I don't get on this site often but when I do it is to promote KBL. Just had to share my side of the story. For that matter Brian Ireland ( mark W's partner} was invited to finish the season with us and he refused. (he had no google history). Bottom line, we are a league for AMATUER fishermen, if you have a google history (FLW mark w) then you do not fit.