Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville: Bass

I'm going to Taylorsville tomorrow to run my boat and was hoping to do a little bass fishing. Do anyone have any tips?

I was going to try jigs, spinnerbaits, and shad raps near channel banks and adjacent flats. Have they pushed up shallow yet? I usually never fish there, but was giong to try it while running my boat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville: Bass

I'm afraid it will be quite muddy, making it tough. Please let us know what you see, as I am on the fence about going there on Sunday...

Post Thanks / Like

Went last Saturday afternoon and it was muddy all over. We didn't have any luck. Threw crankbaits mostly, spinnerbait some and jigs but nothing doing. The water was anywhere from 62 to 65 degrees. We fished a few different places but I don't know the lake enough to know the names of creeks or specific areas. I'd say it will be real muddy again tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go up the salt river and fish for white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Went this past Sunday... temps were 62-65 about half a foot visibility and that was before this last rain. We caught three.. one keeper... Buddy lost one in the 3-4 range at the boat. Had about 5 bites all day.. all close to one secondary point in the first half of the creek. Caught them on chartreuse spinners and med. cranks. Nothing on the jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SJV View Post
    I would go up the salt river and fish for white bass.
    ^^^ this

Post Thanks / Like

Went today and mostly ran the boat, but did fish for about 2 hours. Only managed one crappie on a #5 Fire Tiger Shad Rap. Did try a spinnerbait and jig, but no success. I tried a Luhr Jensen 1/8oz speed trap and had one fish hit at it. I don't know this lake so I had no confidence in anything I tried.

I thought the water clarity looked really good. Up towards Beech creek, it was the mostly murky/muddy. Clarity towards the dam and up the lake towards Settler's Trace were murky.

Don't know temperature because the guy I bought the boat from didn't have a termperature gage on them. Will have to change them out.

WHERE DO THE WHITE BASS RUN AT ?? DO YOU GO PAST VAN BUREN ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    Went today and mostly ran the boat, but did fish for about 2 hours. Only managed one crappie on a #5 Fire Tiger Shad Rap. Did try a spinnerbait and jig, but no success. I tried a Luhr Jensen 1/8oz speed trap and had one fish hit at it. I don't know this lake so I had no confidence in anything I tried.

I thought the water clarity looked really good. Up towards Beech creek, it was the mostly murky/muddy. Clarity towards the dam and up the lake towards Settler's Trace were murky.

Don't know temperature because the guy I bought the boat from didn't have a termperature gage on them. Will have to change them out.

WHERE DO THE WHITE BASS RUN AT ?? DO YOU GO PAST VAN BUREN ??
    Yes- past the 248 bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Yes- past the 248 bridge.
    Can you do that in a 18.5' fiberglass boat? It appears to be no deeper than 4' past Van Buren and my Navionics chart just says "Shallow" past that area. I don't want to **** up my boat going up that far but I like some white bass fried up in cornmeal. From what I read, the run is already over.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Taylorsville Saturday. Had 1 keeper once I figured them out late in the day. Probably had 8 or 9 fish. I did not think water was bad at all other than by van buren ramp and Timber Creek both muddy. Busting shad in the backs of the creeks. Water temp I found was 66-68. It does seem like they want a jig or plastic right now.

Post Thanks / Like

you can get up that far if you hug the left bank and stay in the channel going past van burren once you reach the river it deepens

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    you can get up that far if you hug the left bank and stay in the channel going past van burren once you reach the river it deepens
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to try that.