Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville: Bass

R520:
    How deep were your fish? Were they by the standing timber or laydowns or on barren banks? Might try to get out this weekend, if I don't have to overtime.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought for quite awhile I had that place figured out. Everytime I went I was catching several 3-4 lbers and for a few yrs everytime I went I caught a 5-6lber, then 2 yrs ago I couldnt catch anything. Last yr was better but nothing over 3. Went two weeks ago and caught 2 over 15" but bite was really slow and water was pretty nasty with floating junk everywhere. I fish deep there even at first light. I was told by an old man how to fish it. in the summer move out and cast to where you normally position your boat. I use jigs and sometimes rig a senko with a nail and let it take forever to sink. I also go a little diff by throwing a black jig with a blue sapphire zoom trailer. i found that out by accident cause ran out of black and black/blue with just a few bites. Put on a blue sapphire trailer chunk and they went bananas on it, same area I had been fishin. I like the drops in the creeks but love the barren empty banks more. Its a tough fishin hole but I love the challenge of it. On the other side of it, I have never caught a fish after 1030 at night, not even a bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    R520:
    How deep were your fish? Were they by the standing timber or laydowns or on barren banks? Might try to get out this weekend, if I don't have to overtime.
    Points were the key for me. Mainly laydowns on points. The thing is the fish were slamming shad in about 2-4 ft in the back. I only had one dink in the back of the creeks. The one keeper I did have was in about 8-10.
    Good Luck!