Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Prediction thread

OK I'll kick it off....I think for the first 10 to 12 minutes it's very tense and competitive. Towards the end of the first half Kentucky will build a 8 to 10 point lead and Louisville finds itself in the hole by 9 at halftime. Second half Louisville makes a run and brings it within 4 points. Then Kentucky goes on a run and leads the rest of the way winning by 12 at the end.
    I hope I'm wrong and Louisville finds a way to play out of their skull but I just can't see it.
    Match up comparison's tell the story.
    Kyle Kuric at the four will get owned. Trying to switch off and defend against either Gilchrist or Miller is way more than he can handle. He's soft anyway and can't rebound. Behanin trying to help will get in foul trouble.
    As well as G Dieng is playing he's no Davis. In my opinion Davis is a ONCE in a coaching career player.
    Chris Smith nees to knock down three's, I've gave up on KK having a good game in this tourney. Russ Smith needs to calm down and play very smart.
    If Louisville has one and only one advantage in this game it's in the backcourt. The combination of Russ Smith and Siva combined I will give a slight edge over Teague.

Hope I'm wrong.............But just looking at this game, I hope it's not Blowout city....
    GO CARDS............No pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Prediction thread

I don't see any way this games a blowout. I look for it to be a 5 point game at half, Louisville falling down 12 around 10 minutes to go, and then put together a run and close it out in the final possessions. One area I give Louisville an edge is crunch time execution, simply because UK has not faced many situations like that this year and Louisville seems to do it every other game. Cards by 3, I know its a homer pick and UK would win this game 8/10 times, but that's why they play the game!

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky is more talented at every position plus the first 2 off the bench. MKG has a field day against Louisville's press. He is flat out unstoppable in the open court and is one of the if not the best finisher in the College game. Time and Time again MKG has either scored or passed for a dunk against anyone that has pressed Kentucky. First 10 minutes the game stays within 6-8 point lead for the Cats. Second half Kentucky opens on a run and stretches it to 15 with 10 minutes to go. In the end Kentucky wins the game 82-60. Not a homer pick, just think Kentucky is the better team and Louisville beat an over-rated Michigan State team from the over-rated Big Ten and then a 7th seeded Florida team to get this far. Pitino has done an outstanding job with this team to get them to the Final Four but so has Cal. 22 point victory and it may not be that close.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky by 7.

Close early...Kentucky will extend to a 10-12 point lead in the 1st Half...Louisville will close in near Halftime, keep momentum and pull nearly even early in the 2nd Half. Then, Kentucky will extend out to a 7-10 point lead again for the remainder of the 2nd Half. Louisville will make a late charge and pull within 4, but some free throws late in the game will extend it back out to 7 and keep it there.

Word.

Post Thanks / Like

I say Kentucky by three. They make a run early, but Louisville will bounce back and keep it close throughout. I think the keys for the Cards will be their guard play and how the game is officiated. The two player they cannot afford to lose to foul trouble are Siva and Deing. Is Kentucky more talented? Yes, but unlike Elwood I don't believe the talent gap is as big as some think. Davis is unreal and gilchrist is the key to the team IMO. However that is where the talent descrepancy ends. I would take Siva over Teague all day long. It is important for the Cards to control the tempo as much as possible. Kepp it a low scoring game, ugly it up with defense and be there at the end.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed by everyone's predictions but since i don't think it's a given to beat UL I'll go with UK down at halftime. Uk wins by 4. I hope UK wins but it's gonna tough. Pitino is a master at his profession and his kids are playing tough. You know Pitino is gonna try and get Davis off the floor and I'm betting Siva drives right at him to get some fouls on Davis. Looking forward to the game!!

Post Thanks / Like

Brian you and I kinda see this one pretty close to the same.

I don't see a 22 point blowout, but I guess anything is possible...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing this one a little different than most...UK has a tendency to start slow and I see UL jumping out to an early lead throwing all of us UK fans into a panic attack....I'm gonna say UL gets up 6-8 in the first half and keeps that way till close to halftime....UK's down 3 at the half...UK comes out with a vengence after Cal rips em a new one at halftime and jumps on the cards early getting out to a 10-12 point lead...UL makes their patented run at the end of the game pulling within 2-3 but can't get it any closer and UK hits their free throws down the stretch to win it by 8

Yes I would take the upperclassman Siva over the freshman Teague at the point but that's UL's only advantage....Talent wise I'll take Lamb at the 2, Kidd-Gilchrist or Miller at the 3, Jones at the 4 if he doesnt pull his Houdini act, and Davis at the 5 all day long

Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking kentucky in a blowout. I think they start fast, Louisville never really recovers and struggles on offense throughout. 15-20 point lead throughout most of the second half.

Post Thanks / Like

Earlier in the year there were Louisville fans calling for Siva's head on a platter. Agree that this is the closest position on the floor in regards to talent but Teague is the better player, not by much, but better. Siva still has the tendency to drive and try to make something happen and it gets him in trouble. In the tourney the overall numbers are close with Teague scoring 58 with 21 dimes and 11 turnovers verses Siva scoring 36 with 28 dimes and 12 turnover. Teague more scoring, Siva more assist, turnovers a wash. The difference I see is Siva has had 3 years versus Teague's 38 games but that is 24 more games than the first meeting and Teague has improved tremendously over the last half of the season

Post Thanks / Like

Woody most of the time I am a stat man to but here's why Teague's and Siva's number's aren't comparable. Siva plays with four guys named Harry and Teague plays with four NBA guys. Hell give Steven a few weeks to get back in ball shape and he would have good numbers with UK's squad.

Now I was one that threw Siva not only under the bus I made sure he was near a tire. He still drives me inflippinsane sometimes when he goes into what I call..''The dribbling frenzy'', but the kid just tries so dang hard he hurts hisself and the team sometimes. I've never questioned his heart and the fact that he is a good kid, no doubt. It's a love/hate thing I guess.

If Siva played Point on UK's team his numbers would be off the chart, WAY better than Marqius's numbers hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

"the dribbling frenzy"..........noted.

I think I know what this entails I'll be watching for it this weekend.