Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

Here we are again, back on the ethanol topic. Does anyone know if there are any places around Nolin to find ethanol free gas? I've heard Day's Pro Bass at Wax has some, but not sure. I've got plenty of gas cans so I don't have to pull my boat and I'm willing to drive about anywhere within a reasonable radius including Leitchfield, Bowling Green, or Glasgow.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

I believe that high octane gas is supposed to be ethanol free.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I believe that high octane gas is supposed to be ethanol free.
    I was told this, but your question made me curious so I did some checking online and I now doubt this is true. What a shame.

I did find a site that lists some. http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=KY

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that is easier to keep stabil ethanol remover in boat then driving all over heck and back to find ethanol free gas . I just mix it in a gas can before dumping in boat. Seems to save time and headaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    I have found that is easier to keep stabil ethanol remover in boat then driving all over heck and back to find ethanol free gas . I just mix it in a gas can before dumping in boat. Seems to save time and headaches.
    Are there any dangers of additives hurting a motor in any way?

Post Thanks / Like

Try typing ethanol free in the Google custom search box near the top of this board. Underneath the horizontal grey bar.

Peter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    Startron, little blue bottle, available at Wal-Marks, is cheaper per gallon treated and also does an excellent job. It only calls for an ounce per 16 gallons. The little bottle lasts a long time for me. (Just did the math, 8 oz bottle does about 130 gallons.)

I have gotten where I put Startron in all my gas whether for the boats or in the gas can which will eventually make it into my lawn equipment or chainsaws or tractor. Cheap insurance when you aren't really sure how long it will be before you use that gas up.

Seafoam works well too but is much more expensive.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
    Last edited by smashdn; 04-03-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Startron, little blue bottle, available at Wal-Marks, is cheaper per gallon treated and also does an excellent job. It only calls for an ounce per 16 gallons. The little bottle lasts a long time for me. (Just did the math, 8 oz bottle does about 130 gallons.)

I have gotten where I put Startron in all my gas whether for the boats or in the gas can which will eventually make it into my lawn equipment or chainsaws or tractor. Cheap insurance when you aren't really sure how long it will be before you use that gas up.

Seafoam works well too but is much more expensive.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
    Yeah I heard Starbrite is the best stuff out there for ethanol fuel. I use Stabil Marine formula but that really isn't for ethanol--more of a cleaner and storage additive. I need to try some of the Starbrite stuff.
    Additives like that will not hurt your engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Here we are again, back on the ethanol topic. Does anyone know if there are any places around Nolin to find ethanol free gas? I've heard Day's Pro Bass at Wax has some, but not sure. I've got plenty of gas cans so I don't have to pull my boat and I'm willing to drive about anywhere within a reasonable radius including Leitchfield, Bowling Green, or Glasgow.
    Ranger Bobs pump #3 across from Port Oliver ramp and Key oil Bowling Green on Industrial Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Hydrojunkie is right, those are the only two locations around. They both are getting their gas out of Nashville. The problem with ethanol gas is it has a shelf life of about 90 days before it starts breaking down to phase separation. Thats even quicker if you have any moisture in your tank as ethanol loves water and wants to bond with it. I used stabilizer in all my gas except my vehicle because it gets used up so quickly but Ive heard people say they still treat a tank a gas monthly in their cars to ensure no moisture build up. Go to Lannys Mower Shop in Bowling Green and look at the gaskets from brand new lawnmowers they have on display. Problem there is people probably left gas in their mowers all winter without treatment. I don't live far from Ranger Bobs and I work in Bowling Green so I try to buy non ethanol gas especially for my boat motors.