Search Fishin.com

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Brownsville, KY
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Here we are again, back on the ethanol topic. Does anyone know if there are any places around Nolin to find ethanol free gas? I've heard Day's Pro Bass at Wax has some, but not sure. I've got plenty of gas cans so I don't have to pull my boat and I'm willing to drive about anywhere within a reasonable radius including Leitchfield, Bowling Green, or Glasgow.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    I believe that high octane gas is supposed to be ethanol free.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I believe that high octane gas is supposed to be ethanol free.
    I was told this, but your question made me curious so I did some checking online and I now doubt this is true. What a shame.

    I did find a site that lists some. http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=KY

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    lexington
    Posts
    92
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    I have found that is easier to keep stabil ethanol remover in boat then driving all over heck and back to find ethanol free gas . I just mix it in a gas can before dumping in boat. Seems to save time and headaches.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    I have found that is easier to keep stabil ethanol remover in boat then driving all over heck and back to find ethanol free gas . I just mix it in a gas can before dumping in boat. Seems to save time and headaches.
    Are there any dangers of additives hurting a motor in any way?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville. KY
    Posts
    2,963
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Try typing ethanol free in the Google custom search box near the top of this board. Underneath the horizontal grey bar.

    Peter

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    .
    Posts
    468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Quote Originally Posted by numbuts View Post
    I have found that is easier to keep stabil ethanol remover in boat then driving all over heck and back to find ethanol free gas . I just mix it in a gas can before dumping in boat. Seems to save time and headaches.
    Startron, little blue bottle, available at Wal-Marks, is cheaper per gallon treated and also does an excellent job. It only calls for an ounce per 16 gallons. The little bottle lasts a long time for me. (Just did the math, 8 oz bottle does about 130 gallons.)

    I have gotten where I put Startron in all my gas whether for the boats or in the gas can which will eventually make it into my lawn equipment or chainsaws or tractor. Cheap insurance when you aren't really sure how long it will be before you use that gas up.

    Seafoam works well too but is much more expensive.

    http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
    Last edited by smashdn; 04-03-2012 at 03:46 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Startron, little blue bottle, available at Wal-Marks, is cheaper per gallon treated and also does an excellent job. It only calls for an ounce per 16 gallons. The little bottle lasts a long time for me. (Just did the math, 8 oz bottle does about 130 gallons.)

    I have gotten where I put Startron in all my gas whether for the boats or in the gas can which will eventually make it into my lawn equipment or chainsaws or tractor. Cheap insurance when you aren't really sure how long it will be before you use that gas up.

    Seafoam works well too but is much more expensive.

    http://mystarbrite.com/startron/
    Yeah I heard Starbrite is the best stuff out there for ethanol fuel. I use Stabil Marine formula but that really isn't for ethanol--more of a cleaner and storage additive. I need to try some of the Starbrite stuff.
    Additives like that will not hurt your engine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Here we are again, back on the ethanol topic. Does anyone know if there are any places around Nolin to find ethanol free gas? I've heard Day's Pro Bass at Wax has some, but not sure. I've got plenty of gas cans so I don't have to pull my boat and I'm willing to drive about anywhere within a reasonable radius including Leitchfield, Bowling Green, or Glasgow.
    Ranger Bobs pump #3 across from Port Oliver ramp and Key oil Bowling Green on Industrial Drive

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    91
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Ethanol Free Gas Locations?

    Hydrojunkie is right, those are the only two locations around. They both are getting their gas out of Nashville. The problem with ethanol gas is it has a shelf life of about 90 days before it starts breaking down to phase separation. Thats even quicker if you have any moisture in your tank as ethanol loves water and wants to bond with it. I used stabilizer in all my gas except my vehicle because it gets used up so quickly but Ive heard people say they still treat a tank a gas monthly in their cars to ensure no moisture build up. Go to Lannys Mower Shop in Bowling Green and look at the gaskets from brand new lawnmowers they have on display. Problem there is people probably left gas in their mowers all winter without treatment. I don't live far from Ranger Bobs and I work in Bowling Green so I try to buy non ethanol gas especially for my boat motors.

Similar Threads

  1. Marathon Gas in KY and IN (ETHANOL)
    By twise7 in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 10:15 AM
  2. Ethanol Free Stations
    By 00SKEETER in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 05:23 PM
  3. ethanol free gas
    By HYDROJUNKIE in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
  4. Ethanol Free Gas
    By WacoWildcat in forum "Off Topic" Posts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM
  5. EPA At it AGAIN!! This time with Ethanol!
    By MagikSmallie in forum Kentucky Discussion Board
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 01:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •