Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $4.00 gas changing your plans?

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    In late 1970 and early 1980 home mortgage intrest was 19% and gas was cheap. In 2012 home mortgage is 3.75 and gas is high. Your money still buys the same things. In 1930 a silver dime would buy you a gallon of gas, in 2012 a silver dime will still buy you a gallon of gas. Nothing has changed. Simple economics.

Simple? I snickered at that.... I guess I toopid then hehe. I was thinking how much the prices of houses have gone up since then (I was 12 in 1980), I remember penny candy!!!! Now it seems the same candy is a quarter and a pack of gum is a buck easy.

And a silver dime is worth $4? I'm serious I don't know what they go for

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post
    Simple? I snickered at that.... I guess I toopid then hehe. I was thinking how much the prices of houses have gone up since then (I was 12 in 1980), I remember penny candy!!!! Now it seems the same candy is a quarter and a pack of gum is a buck easy.

I'm with you that analogy made absolutely zero sense to me. He must be on the Obama plan of economics..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I'm with you that analogy made absolutely zero sense to me. He must be on the Obama plan of economics..
    Although I did make a mistake I was technically right but not for today because I havent checked silver prices in a while. It takes 13.8236 silver dimes to make a troy oz and on April 12, 2011 it was selling for 48.70 an oz and that equates to 3.5229607$ a dime. Is that about right for gas prices a year ago?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offdtop View Post

I remember penny candy and gum also. I can remember making a couple dollars on the hour also, remember that? I guess i toopid with ya.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    Although I did make a mistake I was technically right but not for today because I havent checked silver prices in a while. It takes 13.8236 silver dimes to make a troy oz and on April 12, 2011 it was selling for 48.70 an oz and that equates to 3.5229607$ a dime. Is that about right for gas prices a year ago?
    Fair enough, now tell me where I can get gas for $3.52, and I'll totally agree with you.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I think I'll take up shoplifting. But only in the stores that sell gas.

Another option: Krogers:
    For example:
    • 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Shell.
    • 100 points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger.
    • 200 points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger.
    • 1,000 points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up at Kroger

Here's the drill. Say you are going to either Lowe's or Home Depot to buy so stuff for the house that you think will cost right at or over $100. Go to Kroger first, buy $100 worth of gift cards, that earns you 200 points, then go fill up for 20 cents per gallon off. Then head to Lowes and use the cards. ( Double Gift Card Points (normal exclusions apply) for example, $50 in Gift Cards = 100 Points)

And yes, they have $25 and $50 cards for BassPro, so when you want a $400 fish finder, hit Krogers first.

Post Thanks / Like

Those points have come in handy for me. You get 50 points every time you refill a prescription, and between my wife and I, we have quite a few. Last time I filled my tank was in La Grange, and I used 600 points and ended up paying $3.29.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    Those points have come in handy for me. You get 50 points every time you refill a prescription, and between my wife and I, we have quite a few. Last time I filled my tank was in La Grange, and I used 600 points and ended up paying $3.29.
    Now, if you could just apply the points to the beer they sell.....bingo....winner!

Post Thanks / Like

What changed my plans this past weekend were the 3000 mph south winds on KY and Barkley lake. I was down there with my wife, and never left Sugar, Poplar Creek and Pisqua.

Really, REALLY saved on the boat gas. I didn't burn 5 gallons all weekend. Gotta LOVE that.

Later,

Geo

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    I'm buying better trolling motor batteries and trolling out from the dock into the wind, and sailing the rig home at night. A wind shift can mean an all-nighter.
    JUST FLIPPING GREAT.....MY TROLLING MOTOR DIED! Hey, BP, remember me?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    What changed my plans this past weekend were the 3000 mph south winds on KY and Barkley lake. I was down there with my wife, and never left Sugar, Poplar Creek and Pisqua.

Really, REALLY saved on the boat gas. I didn't burn 5 gallons all weekend. Gotta LOVE that.

Later,

Geo

Goerge how did you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Goerge how did you do?
    Hey man.........caught fish.........AND I used those jigheads....OH YEA.

Most all my fish came off jigs. AND I really like the setup.