Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Been a good year for Crappie/bass at Bluegrass

the last two weeks people have been hammering the crappie at bluegrass.I have seen boat loads of small crappie being caught. Myself i have caught two big crappie already. one that was 1 pound 11oz and sat i caught one that was 1 pound 10oz. the bass have been hit and miss. Went wed after work, didnt caught a single bass but two friends in my boat caught bass, one that went 5 pounds 7oz and a hog at 6 pounds 13oz. i bounced back sun (in the high wind) and caught alot of bass with a frog. one over 20 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been a good year for Crappie/bass at Bluegrass

Someday you will turn in to a crappie fisherman exclusively if you keep catching them that big. Those are huge for Bluegrass Crappie. I'd love to hook into a few of those that size.

Were they shallow or deep? Near a ledge perhaps? I caught one that was about 12" long at Otter a week or so ago.

How long were those big crappie? Did you measure their lenght? Were they full of eggs? And were the eggs ripe yet?

Sounds like you have a good time out there.

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    the last two weeks people have been hammering the crappie at bluegrass.I have seen boat loads of small crappie being caught. Myself i have caught two big crappie already. one that was 1 pound 11oz and sat i caught one that was 1 pound 10oz. the bass have been hit and miss. Went wed after work, didnt caught a single bass but two friends in my boat caught bass, one that went 5 pounds 7oz and a hog at 6 pounds 13oz. i bounced back sun (in the high wind) and caught alot of bass with a frog. one over 20 inches

Post Thanks / Like

didnt put them on the golden rule, but i did use my scale. I caughting the big one in 4.5 foot of water. Alot of guys are going deep. look for grass with water on top. They were full of eggs. now the Big ones i caught sat, i just showed the DNR survey guy then released them, didnt feel like cleaning them lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    didnt put them on the golden rule, but i did use my scale. I caughting the big one in 4.5 foot of water. Alot of guys are going deep. look for grass with water on top. They were full of eggs. now the Big ones i caught sat, i just showed the DNR survey guy then released them, didnt feel like cleaning them lol
    Thanks Paul. I caught my biggest one in about 4 to 7 ft of water near a drop off. But mine was not as heavy as yours.

If it warms back up they should start to lay eggs soon.