Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Patoka Lake Crappie Fishing with Kids this weekend

Hello,
    My family and I will be camping this weekend at Patoka Lake Campground. I will be taking my wife and three boys fishing for the 1st time for Crappie. My wife and her son our from Detroit and this will be there first time fishing and camping. Should be interesting. I have never fished on Patoka Lake before but have heard great things about the crappie and blue gill. We have rented a pontoon for this Saturday. We will be putting in at Country Line Branch.

I am looking for some place to Crappie fish heading from this area. Any help would be great. Not looking for anyone's honey holes, but some general direction to put us on some fish. Don't care how big, boys are 5, 7, and 9.

Should we head NW up to the Main Lake and maybe Painter Creek? SE to the Sycamore Creek Arm? East toward the Walls Lake Ramp?

Fishing with slip floats and Zebco's for kids. I will also have a jig ready to help locate some fish.

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Patoka Lake Crappie Fishing with Kids this weekend

I would try east toward Walls ramp. South of St. Rd. 145 on the west side in the timber is good. Anywhere up the river toward Walls ramp is good. If you see any beaver huts fish around them the crappie can be thick around them. If you want to just keep the kids busy catching fish, buy some bee moth and use a small hook and all you will get done is baiting hooks and taking off fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Honky View Post
    I would try east toward Walls ramp. South of St. Rd. 145 on the west side in the timber is good. Anywhere up the river toward Walls ramp is good. If you see any beaver huts fish around them the crappie can be thick around them. If you want to just keep the kids busy catching fish, buy some bee moth and use a small hook and all you will get done is baiting hooks and taking off fish.
    Nice thank you . Exactly what I am looking for. Just want them to have a great time and catch fish. My step-son has never been fishing. My two boys have fished a couple times.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

How'd you do ??