Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Just Got Back from Guntersville - Theft

Fishing was tough but what made it worse is that as I was leaving Sunday morning with the wife and accidently left 5 rods and reels in the parking lot next to my boat at the State Lodge while hooking up the boat. Placed them far enough away not to step on them. Meant to take off the cover and place them in the boat. Realized it when I got home but the Lodge told me that they were no where to be found, Too bad that people can't be more honest and turn them in to the office. Worth about $1,000. Anyone with info would get a reward for their return. Will do everything to catch the person(s) and ask for any help. Makes me lose faith in people.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Got Back from Guntersville - Theft

i was there too. fishing was great. sorry you had issues with theft. really gotta expect that in that situation though. a lotta people would turn it in, but a lot of people wouldnt.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there Wed thru Sat and Fishing was tough. Sorry for your troubles with theft. We had our catyletic converters stolen a few years ago at Lake Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steemer1 View Post
    We were there Wed thru Sat and Fishing was tough. Sorry for your troubles with theft. We had our catyletic converters stolen a few years ago at Lake Cumberland.
    saturday was on fire. i had 15 keepers and best five about 27 lbs. fri probably was too. i did more looking than fishing though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Fishing was tough but what made it worse is that as I was leaving Sunday morning with the wife and accidently left 5 rods and reels in the parking lot next to my boat at the State Lodge while hooking up the boat. Placed them far enough away not to step on them. Meant to take off the cover and place them in the boat. Realized it when I got home but the Lodge told me that they were no where to be found, Too bad that people can't be more honest and turn them in to the office. Worth about $1,000. Anyone with info would get a reward for their return. Will do everything to catch the person(s) and ask for any help. Makes me lose faith in people.
    If you have a rider on your boat for equipment, this should be covered.

I had a couple stolen at cumberland WHILE I was there loading up my canoe.

Told my agent about what happened, and they covered them. GRANTED I left them at the bottom of the ramp.....

Loss is loss.......that is why we have insurance.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Just Got Back from Guntersville - Theft

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Catch them at what ? Finding something you lost or left behind ? Granted most of us on here would have tried to find a place to turn them in, I have been to the State Lodge many times and it is a HIKE back up that hill to the lodge. Maybe you should put a personal ad out there and they may still do the right thing if they see the ad.