Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Obama's Income Tax Forms

There were a couple of news reports on the internet about Obama paying his income tax. I went to the Atlantic, as a second source, to see a copy of his forms the report said were available. The pictures were blocked out and it said that the Obamas paid about 20% in Federal Income Tax. I wonder why they were removed..hmm.

I filed our income tax this week and when my CPA handed me copies of all the forms, it was a thick stack that made me ask if he was handing me his phone directory or had made a mistake. We have been paying Federal and state income tax (4 states) all year but when he handed me the bill to pay the IRS and one other state MORE money, I almost passed out. We are middle-class hard working people who don't have near the wealth the Obamas have but I mailed 2 checks that were large enough that I was afraid to send them by regular first class mail. The Post Office recommended that I send them by registered mail w/return receipt.

Obama paid about 20%; we paid about 36% and had plenty of deductions. That makes me believe a flat tax would be fair for everyone. I'm just po'd about the injustices that are done to middle-class Americans.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obama's Income Tax Forms

I heard the Obamas got a tax break due to donating a certain percentage of their income to charity

I agree with the flat tax....I don't think because a guy makes a ton of money that he should pay a larger percentage than somebody like me who doesn't make much...I don't think those who make less than I do should pay less

As a single white male with no dependants it makes me sick to see how much i get taken out of my paycheck every week...I understand the need for taxes and agree with them but if you're going to give a tax break, give it to the guy who busts his ass to make it in this world thats becoming harder to live in

Post Thanks / Like

I would say because Romney paid only about 5% less than he did. Neither one is cheating, they just can afford tax lawyers to find the loopholes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I heard the Obamas got a tax break due to donating a certain percentage of their income to charity
    I wonder if that was a generous donation to his own political campaign or ACORN.

That's one of the things that got to me. We donated a certain percentage of our income to charity. In addition to regular donations, my husband has a designated charitable donation, for the poor, deducted from each paycheck.

It's as my accountant said, "In life two things are certain, death and taxes."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I wonder if that was a generous donation to his own political campaign or ACORN.

That's one of the things that got to me. We donated a certain percentage of our income to charity. In addition to regular donations, my husband has a designated charitable donation, for the poor, deducted from each paycheck.

It's as my accountant said, "In life two things are certain, death and taxes."
    It doesnt really matter who he gave to if it is legit does it? If you dont like who is a tax free organization then contact your congressman or congresswomen because we cant help you.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

I felt this year like I did the short form.
    1. What was your income?
    2. Keep 1/2 of that and send us the rest.

I would like to see the flat tax too. I'd like to see a single form used for all deductions and credits. Name the credit at the top, fill in your amounts, and then fill in the percentages of credit from a single table.

Who do I think should get tax breaks above and beyond a flat tax rate? Disabled, over 65 (elderly), AND the wife/husband/spouse of any federal, state, or county, or city servant/employee who lost their husband or wife in the line of duty and while on duty. Soldiers, cops, firefighters, etc. No elected officials. I just think that those who serve others in a governmental capacity and sacrifice their live to make ours safer and better ought serve knowing their government will take care of their survivors.

And know, not vets who are no longer serving, unless their cause of death is of a direct result of injuries or illness sustained while serving. I don't expect anybody to help my wife if I fall off the rooof cleaning gutters. I do think it fits when a vet, disabled in combat, passes away after medical retirement from his wounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parker View Post
    It doesnt really matter who he gave to if it is legit does it? If you dont like who is a tax free organization then contact your congressman or congresswomen because we cant help you.
    I wasn't asking for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the tax system will ever be fair, not in my lifetime anyway. and I don't think there's a man alive that is worth a million dollars a year for doing a job. and I just can't understand for the life of me, for anyone that is blessed enough to have a job making a million dollars a year, to cry about paying 30% taxes. I know the 30% tax would be a lot of money, and 90% or more of the hard working people in this country, would think they were being way, way, way over payed, if they got payed the amount the million dollar man's 30% tax came to.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't make a million a year nor am I worth that much but I still see a major problem with folks wanting more of their money just because they have more. It's wrong plain and simple to go after them. Taking more from successful folks to fund others doesn't sit well with me. Alot of people who make that kind of money worked harder or saved more than you or I so why penalize them? What's the goal? Dumb down society because obuma says that's the way to paying off debt? How about stop spending like a drunk ass sailor and be responsible instead of finding ways to go after specific classes of people which takes the blame off of the real criminals.
    I can't believe you really feel making a million dollars is wrong.......or noone is worth that money. Does everyone have to be equal in your vision of a better world? No excellence, no defeat, no low life's, no leaders so we just exist and the gubment provides everything for us?
    Reality is we are not all equal. Some of where you (not you personally) are in life is based on your decisions, your planning, your education, your parents, your color, your luck and so on. We do the best we have with what we end up with...we are not equal.

Post Thanks / Like

The government could confiscate all the millionaires' money, and it wouldn't make a dent in the national debt. The current administration is counting on peoples' ignorance and class envy to advance government control. End of story.

High earners ALREADY pay the lion's share of federal tax. Low earners ALREADY pay no federal tax. In fact many people get a 'refund' of more than they paid in. How dang hard is that to understand?

I'm not rich by any stretch, but I don't want the government taking Warren Buffet or anyone else's money and giving it to me. I want the federal government to be brought into check and shrunk drastically.

Any organization where the branch that collects the rent (the GSA) can piss 800,000 + of our tax dollars on a Vegas party desperately needs a major overhaul.

Millionaires are spending private money, the federal government is spending trillions of our tax dollars. Who should be taken to task?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    The government could confiscate all the millionaires' money, and it wouldn't make a dent in the national debt. The current administration is counting on peoples' ignorance and class envy to advance government control. End of story.

High earners ALREADY pay the lion's share of federal tax. Low earners ALREADY pay no federal tax. In fact many people get a 'refund' of more than they paid in. How dang hard is that to understand?

I'm not rich by any stretch, but I don't want the government taking Warren Buffet or anyone else's money and giving it to me. I want the federal government to be brought into check and shrunk drastically.

Any organization where the branch that collects the rent (the GSA) can piss 800,000 + of our tax dollars on a Vegas party desperately needs a major overhaul.

Millionaires are spending private money, the federal government is spending trillions of our tax dollars. Who should be taken to task?
    I watched O'Reilly last night and Juan Williams was trying to defend the Buffet rule and Bill pointed out that 46% of working Americans do not pay any taxes and Juan said but it isn't fair they can't afford the lawyers and accountants to take advantage of the loop holes that the rich get and Bill said Juan they don't need loop holes they don't pay any taxes and he still tried to argue the fairness. I was shocked.

I also agree i don't want you to take Obama's, Buffet's money or anyone else who earned it and give it to me. What I want is the American dream for my children I want them to have a chance to become rich if they want to try it. I don't want them to have the same money as everyone else because it is fair.

Why would we take any more money from anyone and spend it like the GSA and every other government agency

CLEAN UP ALL THE WASTE AND ABUSE BEFORE YOU ASK ANYONE FOR ONE MORE DIME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I wasn't asking for your help.
    I never said you were, you just needed it. I was letting you know that romney paid a lesser percentage of his income than Obama did.
    Last edited by parker; 04-18-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: to add