There were a couple of news reports on the internet about Obama paying his income tax. I went to the Atlantic, as a second source, to see a copy of his forms the report said were available. The pictures were blocked out and it said that the Obamas paid about 20% in Federal Income Tax. I wonder why they were removed..hmm.

I filed our income tax this week and when my CPA handed me copies of all the forms, it was a thick stack that made me ask if he was handing me his phone directory or had made a mistake. We have been paying Federal and state income tax (4 states) all year but when he handed me the bill to pay the IRS and one other state MORE money, I almost passed out. We are middle-class hard working people who don't have near the wealth the Obamas have but I mailed 2 checks that were large enough that I was afraid to send them by regular first class mail. The Post Office recommended that I send them by registered mail w/return receipt.

Obama paid about 20%; we paid about 36% and had plenty of deductions. That makes me believe a flat tax would be fair for everyone. I'm just po'd about the injustices that are done to middle-class Americans.