Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nolin: Report

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin: Report

Went to Nolin today. Caught 8 bass(2 biggest were 2.5lbs), 3 catfish(5lb and 2 2lb), 2 crappie(12" each).

The catfish and crappie were caught on no 5 and no 7 shad colored shap rap. The bass were caught on a 3.5 inch KVD tube and the shad rap. The fish seemed like they were on the flats around deeper water. Fish were caught on the main lake between red rock and wax. If I were fishing tomorrow I would hit all the main lake flats adjacent to deeper water. The bass were relating to wood on these flats. I was pitching the tube to every piece of wood. Would have liked to fish down past red rock and hit those flats around Moutardier area of the lake and go up in the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin: Report

Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    Went to Nolin today. Caught 8 bass(2 biggest were 2.5lbs), 3 catfish(5lb and 2 2lb), 2 crappie(12" each).

The catfish and crappie were caught on no 5 and no 7 shad colored shap rap. The bass were caught on a 3.5 inch KVD tube and the shad rap. The fish seemed like they were on the flats around deeper water. Fish were caught on the main lake between red rock and wax. If I were fishing tomorrow I would hit all the main lake flats adjacent to deeper water. The bass were relating to wood on these flats. I was pitching the tube to every piece of wood. Would have liked to fish down past red rock and hit those flats around Moutardier area of the lake and go up in the river.
    Hey JimDi, I was at Nolin today. What kind of boat were you in?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a R72 Ranger with 115 HP Johnson. How did you do today??

Post Thanks / Like

I have a R72 Ranger with 115 HP Johnson. How did you do today??
    We didn't do a lot better. Between Wax and Long Fall we only had two keepers biggest 3lb. Caught about 25 fish. Got a tourn next weekend so I'd rather now say how. Had 2 Ky's that almost made 15". Chucked that stinking A-rig 'till my arm 'bout fell off and never caught a fish on it. That's my 4th time for fishing the thing and I haven't caught one yet. Are you supposed to put baits on it or something?

Post Thanks / Like

What tournament do you have next weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

North Bullit Sat.-Iroquois Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    North Bullit Sat.-Iroquois Sun.
    Ive got 3 buddies that have boats in the NB club....I was going to try and join but need to wait about a year until i get out of school. Hopefully there is room for me when the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    We didn't do a lot better. Between Wax and Long Fall we only had two keepers biggest 3lb. Caught about 25 fish. Got a tourn next weekend so I'd rather now say how. Had 2 Ky's that almost made 15". Chucked that stinking A-rig 'till my arm 'bout fell off and never caught a fish on it. That's my 4th time for fishing the thing and I haven't caught one yet. Are you supposed to put baits on it or something?
    My experience has been that the only time anyone catches anything on the a-rig is when it is someone else fishing it. I have tried it a handful of times, but probably not in the right situations. Waiting until post spawn to try it again.

Post Thanks / Like

There will always be room for you in Iroquois.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim -

Did you try that cove I told you abut up in the river?
    JFW

Post Thanks / Like

No... never went up in the river. At the end of they day, I fished in Barton's run. Wish I had more time, would have liked to try the river.