Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

First Hybrid...OMG

I went bass fishing this past Friday to Guist Creek and although I only managed to catch one 9" bass, I did catch my first hybrid.

I cant say how much I love bass fishin, but I have never caught anything that fought as hard as this beast did. **** near took my rod out of my hand, as soon as my white spinnerbait hit the water my line zipped across the towards the main lake. I didnt know what the hell I had, just knew it was something big and didnt feel like a bass.

I bought 2 downriggers last year and can not wait untill my trip to Barren later this summer. The one I caught here was 6 lbs 13 ozs and I hear they get a lot bigger, anxiously waiting that trip now.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...5/DSCN7857.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Hybrid...OMG

Nice wiper....They will seriously test your skills and gear, they are meaner than a striped snake....

Post Thanks / Like

Good eating too!!!! Nice catch!!

Post Thanks / Like

The past two or three years barren river lake has flooded and weve caught hybrid like crazy on parkin lots the first year it happened we found them sat up on a brand new ramp/parkin lot that was built over here and no lie from the time we put the boat in the water made a 5 minute boat ride to the parkin lot caught our limit and made the drive back it was just a hair over an hr and 15 minutes and a limit is 15 a person. BEST FISHING TRIP EVER!! and them hybrid will wear you out you should troll for them sometime

Post Thanks / Like

Hybrids/Wipers are by far my favorite species to catch...they just are flat out mean! We also fished the Barren River Lake flooded parking lots the last few years, and it was incredible! Rough River Lake has produced some monster for us as well.....but nothing was as fun as Barren River last September with the jumps in the evenings. Most incredible fishing I have ever witnessed....every fish was 6+lbs, with several over 10lbs...all on top water for nearly two hours every evening! Man...I will miss that! There is a nearby lake here in Southern UT with wipers...planning on hitting it soon, can't wait!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    but nothing was as fun as Barren River last September with the jumps in the evenings. Most incredible fishing I have ever witnessed....every fish was 6+lbs, with several over 10lbs...all on top water for nearly two hours every evening! Man...I will miss that! There is a nearby lake here in Southern UT with wipers...planning on hitting it soon, can't wait!

-Rich
    If you don't mind telling, what time in the evening were those jumps? I have never fished for them before, but it sounds like fun.

Post Thanks / Like

The jumps are usually 2 to 2 1/2 hrs before the sun sets and often times even earlier but to catch em for sure id get out there 4 hrs early i mean who doesn't love being on the water as much as possible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TubeFlipper23 View Post
    The jumps are usually 2 to 2 1/2 hrs before the sun sets and often times even earlier but to catch em for sure id get out there 4 hrs early i mean who doesn't love being on the water as much as possible
    Thanks a lot. Is there only certain months when this occurs, or is it throughout the year?