Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum tracker boats

Have a 2008 17 foot tracker aluminum bass boat.... Today the receiver in the floor that the pedestal sits in bent and the seat is leaning back, was hoping it was the pedestal but not to be... It seems I remember the salesman telling me the structure of the boat was guaranteed for life and if something happened they would fix it... Am wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and if so did they take care of it for you, it sure is the wrong time of the year to have to let them keep my boat for a month or two.... I'm going to call in the morning but was just wondering what kind of hassle I'm going to have.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aluminum tracker boats

THAT is not part of the boat. Mine did the same thing, and I replaced it myself.

Look really closely, you should see the square outline of the plate that is mounted to the boat deck. If you see that, then carefully do the following:

Cut an X in the carpet where it is located. You want the X to extend to all the corners of the plate.

Once you cut that X, you can gently pull the carpet up, and see the mounting screws. BE CAREFUL here, but remove the screws.

Don't let the screws push the threaded holders below the deck through the deck. They dig into the bottom of the deck, but may be loose, or come loose.

Put the new plate over the carpet, instead of under it. It looks really clean....and that is how I did mine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    THAT is not part of the boat. Mine did the same thing, and I replaced it myself.

Look really closely, you should see the square outline of the plate that is mounted to the boat deck. If you see that, then carefully do the following:

Cut an X in the carpet where it is located. You want the X to extend to all the corners of the plate.

Once you cut that X, you can gently pull the carpet up, and see the mounting screws. BE CAREFUL here, but remove the screws.

Don't let the screws push the threaded holders below the deck through the deck. They dig into the bottom of the deck, but may be loose, or come loose.

Put the new plate over the carpet, instead of under it. It looks really clean....and that is how I did mine.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Later,

Geo
    --
    Thanks Mr Fisher, I suspected I would have to repair it myself but I was hoping.....

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Hilly,
    I agree with Geo.

From the Tracker web page: "All boats come with a Limited One-Year Warranty that covers components. "

Link: http://www.trackerboats.com/about/warranty.cfm

Their waranty is much strong for the hull itself. Given it's a 2008, I think The fix Geo recommended is the way to go.

Last thought. Having done the repair, if you can figure out who made the plate, you might want to just email them a picture and show then what happened. Maybe, just maybe, they might help someway. Remember thats coming from me, and I ask for discounts at Walmart!

Post Thanks / Like

I took the plate out today and the weld actually had broken, only name I saw on the thing was "made in china" now I just have to find one to replace it with... Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    --
    Thanks Mr Fisher, I suspected I would have to repair it myself but I was hoping.....
    "MR. FISHER, I mean MR. FISHER?" What in the heck is the world coming to? How much $$$$$$ did George pay to be called MR? What next Doug is Handsome, Elnut is a Louisville fan, KVD forgets how to catch a Bass.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    "MR. FISHER, I mean MR. FISHER?" What in the heck is the world coming to? How much $$$$$$ did George pay to be called MR? What next Doug is Handsome, Elnut is a Louisville fan, KVD forgets how to catch a Bass.....
    hahahahhahaha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hlleonard View Post
    I took the plate out today and the weld actually had broken, only name I saw on the thing was "made in china" now I just have to find one to replace it with... Thanks guys
    Most Wal-Mart stores and most local marine stores will carry a plate that will work. They are pretty much an oem type part. If it is 6 bolt, you should be able to match that up pretty easily.

Mine broke while down at KY lake and I pulled off the water and fixed it at lunch at Skippy's just down from Barkley Lake on 68/80.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard that happens to alot of trackers. But its a easy fix!

onemorecast56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    How did i get caught up in this mess. If MR FISHER needs somebody to help him do it right or has any trouble let me know. I`m good at them Bass Trackers..LOL I`d put the bolts p;um thru the deck and put washers and nuts on the bottom and you`ll never have that proplem again,,God love Trackers,,,made me alot of money

Doug aka the ugly one,,don`t forget the smell too there Elwood

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your advice guys..... Finally got that taken care of, after ordering a plate from walmart.com they were johnny on the spot mailing me a gun bag that was supposed to go to a fella in texas and I guess he now has a seat base plate for a boat that he may not have... After a trip to wally world that added 3 gallons of gas to the price of the thing and spending an hour and a half "discussing" the issue with a fella who in turn spent half an hour on the phone with customer care in Kalamazoo somewhere they agreed to return my money and let me buy one from the shelf in their store, I now have my boat back, so thanks for some great advice from you guy, now I can go to the lake tomorrow.