Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Headed to Nolin on Friday

The Core of Engineers lists the lake at 9ft low as of today. I am still hoping I will be able to dock my boat and save all kinds of trouble. I plan on going Friday-Tue or maybe Wed.

Anyways, im still new to fishing so I guess my question is where are we at right now in the spawn and what is the best approach to catching fish right now.

Bass is my primary target although I was able to get into some whites last year and had a lot of fun doing that. Just looking for some general info on what the two species are doing right now on the NRL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headed to Nolin on Friday

I have been dow there twice in the last week and a half and have wacked them pretty good both times. I wasnt trying to catch numbers but quality fish. A week ago i caught one over 8 pounds, and 6 pounder and i had one come off at the boat the was huge. Today i fished it and i had a 5 1/2 pounder and a few other nice keepers. All the biggins i caught have already spawned out. But if you want numbers and to catch alot of smaller ones i would throw a crank bait, shakey heads along rock banks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hack View Post
    I have been dow there twice in the last week and a half and have wacked them pretty good both times. I wasnt trying to catch numbers but quality fish. A week ago i caught one over 8 pounds, and 6 pounder and i had one come off at the boat the was huge. Today i fished it and i had a 5 1/2 pounder and a few other nice keepers. All the biggins i caught have already spawned out. But if you want numbers and to catch alot of smaller ones i would throw a crank bait, shakey heads along rock banks.

And if I want to catch some nice bucket mouths???

Post Thanks / Like

do not throw cranks and shakeys on rock banks, and fish other stuff lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cpsniper05 View Post
    And if I want to catch some nice bucket mouths???
    Try a c-rig and fish deeper on longer points or humps leading to/away from spawning areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hack View Post
    You might want to fish the BIG fish tourny out of Wax on Friday night. You said the one you lost was huge, bigger than the 8 you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canepole View Post
    You might want to fish the BIG fish tourny out of Wax on Friday night. You said the one you lost was huge, bigger than the 8 you think?
    Although this was not meant for me I was considering fishing this tourney anyways. I saw a post about last week being the first one and will definitely be in this tournament a few times this year. I know its of wax and I think $30. What time does the tourney start/end and in what time zone. I would like to join if I can get out of the city in time, but with the fiance you know how that goes.

Also, thanks for the advice guys. I will report back next week some time.

Post Thanks / Like

It starts at 6:00 lake time, (cst) and ends at 10:00. "trapper" won it last week, with a 6.98. I think there was 19 boats. Sign up is at the picnic structure, across from ramp. This fri. Will be the 3rd, so far, it takes 12 to make the classic.... Tr

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin River Lake (NRL) is getting better each year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "The Man" View Post
    Nolin River Lake (NRL) is getting better each year!

Yes sir it is, I absolutely love it. Keep the big en's coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Friday Nite Tournament Out Of WAX----I,ll Be signing in at the ramp. Water still not high enough to sign at the Pravilion. I,LL Start signing in around 4:30 OR 5:00 (cst) BIG CHEVY.