Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HURRICANEBOB Guest

A2O made me good to go!

Damaged my trolling motor, a Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 Autopilot, 70lb thrust, 60 inch shaft, with Copilot.

BJ Marine quoted 1-2 weeks for turnaround and then additional time for parts lead time. So I called A20, 2005 Charlestown New Albany Road, Jeffersonville, IN. They are also a Minn Kota Repair Center. They quoted me 3-5 day turn around, so I took it up to them this passed Monday morning. The staff was courteous and cheerful and they listened in detail to my concerns and what happened. Today they called and the trolling motor was done and ready for pickup. Total was about $150 for new brushes, new brush plate, new front bearing, and a new armature, and all new motor seals. Brought the motor home and hooked it up and it runs quieter and smoother now then it did when new.

Hats off to A20 for a fast and excellent repair and what I thought was a resaonabe price. I've checked the parts on the internet at several sites, and found that the total for parts was less for each than any I found on line. When I talked to the tech that did the repairs, he told me they didn't have to order any parts, because they carry most that are needed on most of the more common models.

A20, thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A2O made me good to go!

A2O is the place to go....around Louisville....
    For minn Kota

First hand experience..

They are also minn Kota factory warranty center.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had two experiences with A2O recently. Both extremely positive. I pulled my boat from Evansville for them to make repairs.Both times they were able to make the repairs that day so I didn't have to make that long trip a second time. Service was way above and beyond. All though I don't look forward to the 125 mile trip, it's worth it. THANKS JEREMY AND CREW.....Don Hardesty, Evansville.

Post Thanks / Like

And I will tell you this guys.............BUY LOCALLY when you can. I love supporting their business.

He carries lots of top quality gear and at very comparable prices. Buy from him instead of up the street at that "super store". Sure the super store carries 10 craploads of everything, but I prefer spending my dollars locally, when I can.

WAY TO GO guys........

Later,

Geo
    Last edited by GeoFisher; 04-27-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: reworded it a little.......bottom line...A2O is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

1st class people all the way

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of them But I will remember this next time mine messes up!!! Took B&J over a month one time to get a piece for my t-motor bracket!

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDonkey View Post
    Never heard of them But I will remember this next time mine messes up!!! Took B&J over a month one time to get a piece for my t-motor bracket!
    Years back I had a rough time at B&J, and so when I saw A20 was just a little further north, and on the same exit as BassPro, I figured why not try them. Glad I did. B&J doesn't have to worry about me arguing with them anymore. I'm doing them and me a service by going to A2O

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all of the good comments directed at A20. My Minn-Kota Edge 70 had a mishap (Maker's Mark) and damaged the prop. Badly damaged. A20 took it in and had it all fixed on time and at a very good rate. Runs as good as new. Real nice store there as well. I'll foresee always take my trolling motors needs there, based on my past experience. Thanks Jeremy & Co.

Post Thanks / Like

i go there instead of Bass pro shops. Best prices and alot of new baits

Post Thanks / Like

Yep A2O has my biz it's nice to go to the counter and have someone who wants and appreciates your buisness instead of the drama.....

Post Thanks / Like

Another thumbs up for Jeremy up at A2O. I've dealt with them on a warranty issue with a Minn kota and he fixed it right then and there and good to go ever since till i sold the boat. have a new one now and if it has a trolling motor issue its going to one place.. A2O! Ive also bought my line etc up there. We were talking reels one day up there and i wanted to try out a new Shimano he had there on the shelf... he spooled it up put it on a new Shimano rod and said there ya go see how ya like it. Try to get that type of service at some other places...

I think its important to support local business IF they treat you good. And A2O will treat ya good!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blevins View Post
    Another thumbs up for Jeremy up at A2O. I've dealt with them on a warranty issue with a Minn kota and he fixed it right then and there and good to go ever since till i sold the boat. have a new one now and if it has a trolling motor issue its going to one place.. A2O! Ive also bought my line etc up there. We were talking reels one day up there and i wanted to try out a new Shimano he had there on the shelf... he spooled it up put it on a new Shimano rod and said there ya go see how ya like it. Try to get that type of service at some other places...

I think its important to support local business IF they treat you good. And A2O will treat ya good!
    X 2 above....

TThey are a great.