Search Fishin.com

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Issa going after Eric Holder

Over the Fast and Furious gun deals. Is taking steps to charge Holder with Contempt of Congress. Here is a link to the filed paperwork.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/media/...ment-FINAL.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issa going after Eric Holder

Imo...He is guilty as sin..I know this hasn't been through the legal system yet but the things I have read and what I saw on tv along with this filing just adds up.

I wonder how much of it will stick? These so called leaders need to be held accountable and made examples of when they break the law. Especially, when they hold a position like this douche bag. If they can get charges to stick he should be fired and hopefully sued for being responsible for the death of a federal agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Imo...He is guilty as sin..I know this hasn't been through the legal system yet but the things I have read and what I saw on tv along with this filing just adds up.

I wonder how much of it will stick? These so called leaders need to be held accountable and made examples of when they break the law. Especially, when they hold a position like this douche bag. If they can get charges to stick he should be fired and hopefully sued for being responsible for the death of a federal agent.
    Our esteemed AG is a joke, and everyone knows it. He's gotten away with cherry picking what issues his office will pursue, blundered big-time on trying the fine folks STILL being held at gitmo, and has proven himself incompetent at pretty much everything else. Our President appointed him, and shows no sign of throwing him under the bus, so it's doubtful anything will happen.

In scanning the documents I couldn't find what the penalty for contempt of congress is. There was some precedent cited from past instances, but the penalty wasn't covered.

Post Thanks / Like

This is from MSNBC's website, but it came from the AP:

"Contempt of Congress is a federal misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum $100,000 fine and a maximum one-year sentence in federal prison."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19693051.../#.T6bILZiQlDw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    This is from MSNBC's website, but it came from the AP:

"Contempt of Congress is a federal misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum $100,000 fine and a maximum one-year sentence in federal prison."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19693051.../#.T6bILZiQlDw
    AMAZING..............you use a BUSH video to explain your point.........

Is it STILL George Bush's FAULT..........

You could have easily used this link which took me exactly 5 seconds to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    AMAZING..............you use a BUSH video to explain your point.........

Is it STILL George Bush's FAULT..........

You could have easily used this link which took me exactly 5 seconds to find.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_Congress

Later,

Geo
    I used the first one that showed up when I did a Google search. I really wasn't thinking about the subject matter, other than the fact that it provided the answer that Devil's Horse was asking for. And I only even included the **** link to show where I had gotten the information from, not to make a point, so get your panties un-wadded.

Sheesh

Post Thanks / Like

The real question is who is he protecting any one care to guess

Post Thanks / Like

I used the first one that showed up when I did a Google search. I really wasn't thinking about the subject matter, other than the fact that it provided the answer that Devil's Horse was asking for. And I only even included the **** link to show where I had gotten the information from, not to make a point, so get your panties un-wadded.

Sheesh
    Really?

The VERY FIRST link in Google when I search on "contempt of congress" is the WIKI article I posted.

Same for BING......

Same for Alta Vista........

Same for Yahoo.....

Same for ASK......except there is a definition first.

So Tell me.............WHY did your search provide such different answers.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

You know, you're right. Now that I go back and look, the Wiki site is the first one, the one I used is second. When I clicked on it, the answer I was looking for was right there at the top of the page, and the one at the Wiki site wasn't quite as easy to find. But the truth of the matter is, I seriously didn't think a bit about what the site was about. I just grabbed one where the info was easy to find. Next time, I'll try to be more politically correct with the links I use.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, you're right. Now that I go back and look, the Wiki site is the first one, the one I used is second. When I clicked on it, the answer I was looking for was right there at the top of the page, and the one at the Wiki site wasn't quite as easy to find. But the truth of the matter is, I seriously didn't think a bit about what the site was about. I just grabbed one where the info was easy to find. Next time, I'll try to be more politically correct with the links I use.
    Fair enough. I took your post as a jab at Bush again though.

Maybe it was not, and if my assumption is wrong, then I apologize.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Over the Fast and Furious gun deals. Is taking steps to charge Holder with Contempt of Congress. Here is a link to the filed paperwork.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/media/...ment-FINAL.pdf

Nothing will happen to him. He will be charged, guess who will investigate him, the justice department. Nothing will come of it. They need to send him down to Gitmo and let the military investigators work on him awhile. He'll sing like a canary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom523 View Post
    They need to send him down to Gitmo and let the military investigators work on him awhile. He'll sing like a canary.
    More like cry and whimper like the "female dog" that he is.