Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voting

Post Thanks / Like

Voting

OK.....so when you go vote....if you don't know all the players in a local election, what do you do?

When I voted in Indiana's primary this afternoon, there were 4 or 5 that I had NO IDEA about. I left them blank.

In the General, I also usually leave them blank.

What do you guys do?

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Voting

Geo, Ive been in that same predicament and this how I now handle that situation.

I look up a sample ballot on line prior to voting. If I am stumped by not knowing a candidate, I then Google that candidate's website to gain more information. In this manner I can now vote with some sense of knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

Indiana Tea party has spoken........Goodbye **** Lugar you Democrat in Pub clothing.

Oh I smell a major change coming and one I like not that change crap Obuma has been peddling...

Post Thanks / Like

I make it easy on myself, I DO NOT VOTE. Never voted in the past 44 years and won't vote during the next 44 years. When I did try and figure out which side of each candidate was talking out of they would switch to the other side. I dont care who gets elected because one of them will cut your throat and the other will shoot you. Too many of these idiots vote down party lines just to keep the party leaders happy. If there are three of us in my boat and I say the fish are on the starboard side but you are in the back of the boat and know for sure I am an idiot and the brush pile on the ledge is on the port side, what do you do? If all 3 of us sit anchored firing cast after cast on the wrong side into no mans land and you know for sure I am wrong but to keep the " party " happy you do the same. I want no parties, no party lines, want to vote for JimBob "Bubba" Hatfield, NOT Republican JimBob "Bubba" Hatfield. Too many time they say this and do that. Put whomever into office because it DOES NOT MATTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    OK.....so when you go vote....if you don't know all the players in a local election, what do you do?

When I voted in Indiana's primary this afternoon, there were 4 or 5 that I had NO IDEA about. I left them blank.

In the General, I also usually leave them blank.

What do you guys do?

Later,

Geo
    I used to not vote at all. I called myself a conscientious objector.

Nowadays, I'm so fed up that I just vote against the incumbents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    I make it easy on myself, I DO NOT VOTE. Never voted in the past 44 years and won't vote during the next 44 years. When I did try and figure out which side of each candidate was talking out of they would switch to the other side. I dont care who gets elected because one of them will cut your throat and the other will shoot you. Too many of these idiots vote down party lines just to keep the party leaders happy. If there are three of us in my boat and I say the fish are on the starboard side but you are in the back of the boat and know for sure I am an idiot and the brush pile on the ledge is on the port side, what do you do? If all 3 of us sit anchored firing cast after cast on the wrong side into no mans land and you know for sure I am wrong but to keep the " party " happy you do the same. I want no parties, no party lines, want to vote for JimBob "Bubba" Hatfield, NOT Republican JimBob "Bubba" Hatfield. Too many time they say this and do that. Put whomever into office because it DOES NOT MATTER
    I know you have heard this before but it does matter. Yes we are choosing the lessor of two evils but it's a choice none the less. Your an educated well spoken guy and I'm surprised you feel that way. No doubt it's to each his own but people die around the world and in our history to be given the freedom to vote. Hell even if you voted for numb nuts (obuma) at least you were part of the process. Not judging just sayin...... Go ahead and vote!!! Feel the power!!! Lol

Post Thanks / Like

That is just it, I think they are all numb nuts. They say what it takes to get in office then do what it takes to stay in office. If just one of them actually followed thru with what he says to get elected while in office it would be different. Too many of these politicians never worked in the real world a day in their life. The guy I want in office is the factory worker or restaurant worker who works 2 jobs to barely get paycheck yo paycheck.

Post Thanks / Like

The newspaper reporters in our area, all over the state, arrange interviews with the candidates and question them on their education, experience, and platform. Each reporter arranges separate interviews according to their schedule. Then they print all the information they obtained from each candidate. I pay careful attention to each question and the answers given and it helps me to select the person whom I believe to be the best for the job.

Last fall we had an election for sheriff and one of the men was asked about experiences he had that qualified him to be sheriff. He said, "Well, I ain't never been no deputy or sheriff an I ain't got much education but I'm sho I can handcuff dem drunks and drug sellers." His experience was that he worked 18 years for the county roads department. He was a good employee but he just didn't have what it takes to be a sheriff.

The other candidate was asked the same question and he had a teriffic resume. Former NYPD Captain, Military Police Instructor, college graduate with degree in criminal justice, graduate of a police academy, eight years as chief deputy. Since I didn't know the first man and had met the second man but didn't know anything about his qualifications, those interviews helped me to decide who to vote for.

While that was on the local level, I am an avid reader and try to cover everything I can about politicians on the state and federal level. When it comes time to vote, if I am undecided about a candidate, I try to remember what I read or heard on tv and then go with my gut feeling. That's the best I can do and I will not sacrifice my freedom to vote because someone gets a chip on their shoulder.

If I vote I get the right to b***h about the politician; if I don't vote, then I can't complain if some politician shines his boot on the seat of my pants.

Post Thanks / Like

You are correct in that if you vote you get to bitch and complain about those in office. I don't vote but I also don't bitch and complain about those that get elected. I think they are all crooks. This Government is trying to fix the last Government problems and the next will try and fix this one and the next ......

Post Thanks / Like

I sometimes think that there should be a candidate on each ballot whose name is "NONE OF THE ABOVE." If the candidates do not get votes from some set minimum percentage of the people voting, pick any percentage at all, then there should be a lottery using the active voters names. I do think it would have to be an improvement over most of the candidates running for office. It would at least get some new blood in office.

Post Thanks / Like

I do my best to find out what I can before I vote like Tyme said I will call my lawyer to find info on Judges this is where I have the most problem. If I just do not know then I will vote the party that best fits my principles. I think it is better to elect someone in that party than their opponent, If they do not adhere to those principles then I think the party can put pressure on them to do what they are suppose to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Olgrey View Post
    I sometimes think that there should be a candidate on each ballot whose name is "NONE OF THE ABOVE." If the candidates do not get votes from some set minimum percentage of the people voting, pick any percentage at all, then there should be a lottery using the active voters names. I do think it would have to be an improvement over most of the candidates running for office. It would at least get some new blood in office.
    Now THAT would be interesting.

Did you see in Virginia where a convicted felon beat Obama in the Democratic race......legally, he cannot even collect delegates.

They'd vote for anyone but Obama............

Later,

Geo