Quote Originally Posted by fishassasin View Post
i used to fly fish all the time.. havent done it in a while.. need to get my another fly rod and reel. i used to be pretty good at it
It's been a while since I did any fly fishing so I'm rusty too. It just takes some practice. Lucky for use Bluegills are not spooked so easily by an unminded line and a fly dragging across the surface of the stream unnaturally like a brook trout. Those trout are picky in what they eat or bite on. If you don't present the right bait in the proper way the trout will just ignore your bait and make You or Me look silly. I've had some huge trout do that to me at Elkmont in the Smoky Mountains. Nothing would make them bite my flies and I thought I knew what I was doing. But those trout will humble most fisherman any day and any time. I guess you have to be a master of the trout stream to catch them in that river. Funny that they call it a river when it's not much wider across than our Pigeon Creek in Evansville. LOL But the Little Pigeon River in the Smokey's is much cleaner than our Pigeon Creek. All we have in our creek is sewer trout.