Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky angler loses out on a West Virginia state record Bluecatfish

I fished a cabelas King Kat tournament this past weekend but during pre fishing i caught what could have been a state record bluecatfish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhW-okNvyRA
    Last edited by steve douglas; 05-07-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kentucky angler loses out on a West Virginia state record Bluecatfish

That's a tough break, but are you sure you want to post a video of yourself illegally fishing...even if it was unintentional? That's all the evidence someone needs to come after you with a citation, I would think.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be an easy mistake to make-however being from ohio and west virgina born in Huntington,there is a Reciprocal agreement between ohio,ky and w.va,reisdents.Good to the first riffle or bridge up each tributary.
    Key wording RESIDENTS.Active duty armed forces exempt.
    I like the Gallipolis pool,and ravenswood but fish for bass.
    One thing you didnt mention is why you didnt apply for an ohio record,its because they dont accept them from the ohio river.Found that out when I caught an over 4lb white bass,none of the three states cooperate other than the reciprocal agreement,due to different laws,catch a paddle fish in ky you can keep it,in ohio or wva fine for taking it out of the water.
    The other guy was right I wouldnt make a utube video of an illegal act,and speak to your org whos putting them on as to what they require as they know the law even if you dont.PS W.VA. wont care how much you promote them,its like a poacher giving them kudos.
    Should it be ever repealed and I left 5 years ago,W.VA. and Ky own the ohio river to within yards of the ohio bank,exception of one island .All the way back to LaSalle they have disputed it,indian head rock being the lastest one now in Portsmouth.
    I disliked the 50 dollar non resident fee,for Ky or W.Va.,but its the law.Non residents must have for each and every state they enter.
    Last edited by lilmule; 05-07-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch, bad planning and luck. I understand how the rules, laws and regs can be confusing. I'll bet you read the exact rules from now on!!! Lol laughing with ya man not at ya.
    You gonna get all the proper licenses in order and go back for another shot?

Post Thanks / Like

Great fish Steve - that's a bummer for sure!

Great video - and I'm sure WV and the rest of us anglers appreciate the education.

Because Steve already knew....The OH state record blue cat is just shy of 100 lbs and IT WAS caught out of the OH River a couple years ago. Markland pool. They just opened up the blue cat record the year it was caught.
    Last edited by Lowerider; 05-07-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider View Post
    Great fish Steve - that's a bummer for sure!

Great video - and I'm sure WV and the rest of us anglers appreciate the education.

Because Steve already knew....The OH state record blue cat is just shy of 100 lbs and IT WAS caught out of the OH River a couple years ago. Markland pool. They just opened up the blue cat record the year it was caught.
    your right on the ohio state record, i believe its like 93 lbs and some change. But i contacted WV DNR today and told them what ive done and they were all cool about it. Its just great to see a State devoted to trophy catfishing.