Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

St. Pete's Beach

The family and I are headed down to St. Pete's beach last full week of July. Anyone ever do any shore fishing in that area or know an affodable (when I say affordable I mean dirt cheap, not a lot to play with) charter (or good buddy) that might take a country boy out for a day fishing? Would love to bring some fresh sea food home but would just as well love to catch some of those huge Florida bass on a good catch and release trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back

Quote Originally Posted by luvtohunt View Post
    The family and I are headed down to St. Pete's beach last full week of July. Anyone ever do any shore fishing in that area or know an affodable (when I say affordable I mean dirt cheap, not a lot to play with) charter (or good buddy) that might take a country boy out for a day fishing? Would love to bring some fresh sea food home but would just as well love to catch some of those huge Florida bass on a good catch and release trip. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim
    I just got back from St Pete area actually St John's Pass. I fished from the shore some with not much luck. Went to Santa Maria Island and hooked a 3.5-4ft Tarpon on a Mepps spinner but I never had a chance with 10lb mono but had the old heart pounding when he jumped out of the water. We also went out on Long Pier and caught a few flounder and a few trout. Good luck be sure to take some heavy line like 40lb braid.