Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin: Lake Level

here is a link to local area lake levels http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bass bustin View Post
    here is a link to local area lake levels http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html
    It has been down for seems like a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    can you boaters be respectful and not fish the brush piles in front of everyone's docks? i swear, i put stuff down there to improve the fishing in front of my place, and boats are literally waiting to have their turn at it. A lot of work and time goes into that, and it's being fished so heavily i probably won't catch a **** fish off it all year.
    hahaha, why don't you call the CoE and file a complaint? See what happens then. You don't own that water or the land under that dock, the Corps does, and that makes it public. If you think anyone is going to heed to your complaining that it is YOUR burshpile, you are mistaken. BTW, hope the corps doesn't catch you removing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    You're dropping brush into completely public waters and getting mad because somebody is fishing it, really? Also do you have a permit to drop that brush in the water, if not you're breaking the law....The CORP requires you to get a permit to drop brushpiles into CORP ran lakes
    What he said.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey people, give the man a break. He may have very good reasons why he doesn't want you to fish "his" dock. Let me give you several. No wait first let me tell you a story. I was fishing a tournament at Nolin several years ago and I was in the back of a creek. I won't say which one but if you leave Dog going toward Cherry Point it's the first one on the right, oops. Anyway I'm in the back of this creek and a woman is sitting on the bank loading a bucket with bass as quickly as she could catch them. Not one was 12 inches long. My partner sweetly informed her of the length limit on bass. She got up, took her bucket up to her cabin and returned to continue fishing with an empty bucket. Now what was I talking about? I forgot-never mind.
    Last edited by 4given; 05-20-2012 at 10:36 PM. Reason: mispelling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09Z7SC View Post
    It has been down for seems like a week.

Use this one instead...it's USGS and is updated every hour, 24/7 so it's more real time than the corps site which is only once per day at 6AM

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?site_no=03310900

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Hey people, give the man a break. He may have very good reasons why he doesn't want you to fish "his" dock. Let me give you several. No wait first let me tell you a story. I was fishing a tournament at Nolin several years ago and I was in the back of a creek. I won't say which one but if you leave Dog going toward Cherry Point it's the first one on the right, oops. Anyway I'm in the back of this creek and a woman is sitting on the bank loading a bucket with bass as quickly as she could catch them. Not one was 12 inches long. My partner sweetly informed her of the length limit on bass. She got up, took her bucket up to her cabin and returned to continue fishing with an empty bucket. Now what was I talking about? I forgot-never mind.
    You got a going price for tea in China?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimDi View Post
    Haven't been able to get the link to the lake levels to work on my computer. Does anyone know if Nolin is at summer pool or how many feet above or below?? Going Friday and just curious.
    Still below summer pool

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

What does tea in China have to do with a poacher? Maybe I'm slow or maybe I drink too much tea. I don't know what it costs, my wife buys it for me. And I never offered any to a woman stealing our fish. I never asked her if she knew the price either. But I had a dock once at Rough and there was a poacher living down the road. I turned him in several times but he never got caught. So I didn't report the woman at Nolin. I never asked her if she had been to China. I guess that's why I don't know the price. I never put brush in front of my dock so I could fill up a bucket even if I bought it at Walmart and it was made in China. I'm so confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    You got a going price for tea in China?

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was referencing the old saying; "What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

He probably was joking around with you.
    Last edited by SLP; 05-23-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by restornator View Post
    can you boaters be respectful and not fish the brush piles in front of everyone's docks? I swear, i put stuff down there to improve the fishing in front of my place, and boats are literally waiting to have their turn at it. A lot of work and time goes into that, and it's being fished so heavily i probably won't catch a **** fish off it all year.
    most of us that put private piles out dont put them in front of a dock d.a.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I think he was referencing the old saying; "What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?"

He probably was joking around with you.
    Biting sarcasm I said with my tounge firmly planted in my cheek.