Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anywhere on the Island to buy live bait fish, or is just best to buy a net and catch your own?
    thanks,
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    No where to buy bait fish that I know of. You can get live shrimp if they have them. They did not last July forth. The bait, then, was not coming close enough to shore to net but that may be different this year. I have successfully netted bait at the cut before, but you stand a high risk of losing your net there. Conditions have to be perfect, with the bait being just off the rip rap and on the surface with low surf.

A better option might be to take a sabiki rig and tip them with very smalpieceses of shrimp for pin fish. You can use pin fish live or as cut bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Trade a trip for trophy smallmouth

My new bride, (hot but taken, loves to fish) and I are staying on SGI this week for our honeymoon. I brought no tackle at all in an effort to be romantic. Now she has given me the green light to fish. So if anybody wants to take us on a fishing trip of any kind, even sharks in the surf, i will buy your gas and food or trade you a guided trip on Dale Hollow Lake for trophy smallmouth. If you can fish all day with me on Dale between November and March I will practically guarantee you will see one over four pounds and probably a five, slight chance at a six pounder. My number is 502-500-3969, and i will gladly give you references from accomplished tournament fisherman who will testify to my smallmouth guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by triton99 View Post
    My new bride, (hot but taken, loves to fish) and I are staying on SGI this week for our honeymoon. I brought no tackle at all in an effort to be romantic. Now she has given me the green light to fish. So if anybody wants to take us on a fishing trip of any kind, even sharks in the surf, i will buy your gas and food or trade you a guided trip on Dale Hollow Lake for trophy smallmouth. If you can fish all day with me on Dale between November and March I will practically guarantee you will see one over four pounds and probably a five, slight chance at a six pounder. My number is 502-500-3969, and i will gladly give you references from accomplished tournament fisherman who will testify to my smallmouth guarantee.
    Congratulations to you and your bride. It's just as well you didn't take any tackle. You wouldn't want to use your bass tackle in salt water, especially on the beach. Check out the following link, http://www.sgislandjourneys.com/Jour...ripsTours.html they should be able to set up a nice trip for you. They might even be able to connect you with a local that's willing to trade trips. Some bait shops will rent equipment, of course they are more than happy to give you tips and sell you terminal tackle and bait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by triton99 View Post
    This might be your guy, if you can reach him outside of Robinson Brother's. I don't have his number..

http://flaredfish.com/captains.cfm?id=83

He's a part time guide, part time working for the Florida marine biology department. The guy loves to striper fish and is the premier guy for Apolachicola River stripers but knows pretty much everything that's going on with the flats, bay and the river and can fish for whatever is on the menu, including tarpon. I have no idea if he would be interested in smallies but I know he likes to fish other places when he can. His wife is the manager of the ACE hardware store in Apolachicola if you can't find him in the book.