Search Fishin.com

Thread: Ky lake report

Post Thanks / Like

Ky lake report

Fished ky lake over the weekend for bluegill and did horrible. In my opinion the spawn is over. between 2 boats we only had around 10 decent keepers. However we did find some decent channel cats. We cleaned 11 and the females were about to explode.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ky lake report

Did ya do any bass fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the rip rap at ken lake for a few mins. Nothing... But there were ppl fishing ledges everywhere. I also saw a guy catch two bass in two casts fishing a main lake point with a jig.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished the north end of Barkley Sat/Sun with my 11 yr old son. We had 10 or so bass Saturday morning and about the same Sunday morning. Generally I would say it was a poor bite but as this was my son's first bass fishing trip I was not thinking too much about the bite other then how to find him some fish.

Will also comment that Saturday was about as crowded as I have ever seen the lakes; Sunday was much better. I really like KYL/Barkley because of the space but Saturday was a dissappointment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfreak View Post
    Fished ky lake over the weekend for bluegill and did horrible. In my opinion the spawn is over. between 2 boats we only had around 10 decent keepers. However we did find some decent channel cats. We cleaned 11 and the females were about to explode.
    Glad to hear about the catfish! I assume you caught them while trying for bluegill?

Those catfish should be in full swing with their spawn, in about 4 ft of water or so around rip rap - was this what you found? Please let me know, as I intend to try and catch a bunch this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Glad to hear about the catfish! I assume you caught them while trying for bluegill?

Those catfish should be in full swing with their spawn, in about 4 ft of water or so around rip rap - was this what you found? Please let me know, as I intend to try and catch a bunch this weekend.
    We caught them on a hair jig and wax worm fishing in about 6 feet of water fishing about 4 1/2 foot deep around a sunken pontoon. A local said in about a week they will be on the rip rap. So how would you catch catfish at the other lakes this time of year? I will be at rough this weekend.