Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by psvec View Post
    I hate that also, after pulling my boat out i pull as far to the main road as possible so other boats get in and out. but you have some people that are just rude, and will take there time, i have it down to a science 5 mins max.
    I found myself driving to all there of the big pits to just make sure that I have at least one ramp to launch from in a timely manner.

Loon's North Concrete Launch ramp seems to be the worst one for people camping out on the ramp with the lawn chairs. And I've found lots of burned wood at that ramp too. and the entrance to the ramp is short and easily blocked by cars parking along the West side of the parking lot by that little lagoon. I would like to fish Loon Pit more often as it's got the most water and structure in it but the ramp is one of the hardest to launch from and the parking lot is too small.

Most people seem to go to Bluegrass to launch their boats.

I bet that IDNR didn't figure on these lakes seeing so much public use. This is not like Sugar Ridge where all you have it a few small towns nearby. Sugar Ridge is more rural than Bluegrass simply because of Evansville.

Post Thanks / Like

CO's Patrol Boat out on Bluegrass Pit today Saturday June 23 2012. Good for them!

I saw that the Co's were out on Bluegrass Pit today. Their boat trailer was in the main parking lot so they were out patrolling Bluegrass. Hope they do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    The CO's need to police the F&W areas better IMHO. I realize that they can't be every where but this summer they are spending a lot of their time out on the Ohio River. They should patrol Bluegrass at least twice a day in the mornings and evenings.

Post Thanks / Like
    They were there checking out the speeding complaints among other things.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy 4th ?

Got up to Bluegrass Pit 5:00 this morning and by 8:00AM there were so many boats I couldnt troll in a straight line so decided to head out . Head for north ramp and gee someones sitting there fishing and they wont move . Old guy gill fishin sitting on 5 gal bucket . Worked around him loaded boat and home by 9:00 . Nice of people to be considerate of others . Both lots where crowded .

Post Thanks / Like
    They must have all left by the time I got up and went over there. As there were only three boat trailers left in the parking lot when I got there. It was about 95 Deg F by 11 am.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanic1 View Post
    Got up to Bluegrass Pit 5:00 this morning and by 8:00AM there were so many boats I couldnt troll in a straight line so decided to head out . Head for north ramp and gee someones sitting there fishing and they wont move . Old guy gill fishin sitting on 5 gal bucket . Worked around him loaded boat and home by 9:00 . Nice of people to be considerate of others . Both lots where crowded .

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine just sitting there on a ramp, in someones way when someone is trying to use the ramp. Sadly common courtesy and manners sure have eroded in this country? What a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen this happen a few times while at Bluegrass

This sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of the launch ramp seems to occur more often at places like Bird Dog Pit and some of the other smaller pits with gravel launch ramps. The North end of Bluegrass Pit is a good example. Although there area a lot more boats using the North end of BG pit than the launch ramp at Bird Dog Pit.

They can move or get run over is how I feel sometimes but a lot of the times I just drive to a different pit to launch. I end up going to launch at one of the three concrete launch ramps most times anyway.

But I do agree that they should try to move out of the way when a boat's trying to back down. My boat trailer's tongue was bent years ago when a friend of mine backed the trailer into Lynville Pit before they had the concrete launch ramp. That twisted the trailer's tongue so now the coupling doesn't fit tight like it once did. This gives me more play in the trailer connection to my truck and makes it much harder to back the trailer up straight. So I wander back and forth as I back up the trailer down the raunch ramp. I worry that I may swing the trailer too far to the right or left and then hit someone if they don't move out of the way and give me plenty of room on the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I can't imagine just sitting there on a ramp, in someones way when someone is trying to use the ramp. Sadly common courtesy and manners sure have eroded in this country? What a shame.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to South Lick ramp(Patoka) a couple weeks ago and there were 6 people swimming on the ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

More speeding on Bluegrass Pit 2 videos

Post Thanks / Like

**** they are movin!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Moving Fast

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    **** they are movin!
    LOL Yea, in a race video 2's boat would beat video 1's boats easily!