Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

GoPro Hero Cameras

Anyone have any experience using the GoPro Hero 2 camera? My real question is how the video really looks, since the lens does not have an auto iris. My understanding is the iris is fixed, so the same amount of light enters the camera reagardless of the amount of light.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GoPro Hero Cameras

I think the quality looked great. I've only seen one example and I'll PM you the link. It was my wedding video my friend took with the gopro hd 2. Not the same application but some was recorded on the beach. This was his first time using also. I'll send soon.

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

I use a kodak from wally world & you can check out my vidio's on youtube.Never had a GoPro but if your looking thought i'd throw in 2cents

Post Thanks / Like

The gopro is amazingly clear. I don’t know how it is, being so small but it is crazy how in depth everything is up close and in the back ground without a zoom. I have several and I send it down 80’ deep on a fishing pole down in Destin. You won’t believe the clarity under water as well if the water is clear. Now I don’t recommend sending a 300.00 camera down 80 feet in salt water and dragging it through structure but if you do it makes for great video. I have not lost it yet or had salt water damage it because the case is sealed. I have also clipped it above the weight with a live bait on it to feed the groupers. I must say this is where I most thought I would lose it but I did get it in, both fish and camera.
    I have used in fishing many times, we used it last winter snowmobiling in Canada and use it every other weekend on a helmet at ATV races. They are very durable and very good, I highly recommend it.
    The 2 is worth the extra money, it is much clearer even though the 1 is good.