Search Fishin.com

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Life after death, interesting read

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    jcb's right, I was thinking of the myth of Lillith, which ain't in the Bible. I stand corrected.

I think this is what you're thinking of. There are two accounts of the creation of woman.

There's Genesis 1:27

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Then there's Genesis 2:21-22

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
    --
    Yes....those are the two passages that seem to tell the story of the creation of the male and female... There is also a statement attributed to adam, something to the effect of you are now flesh of my flesh and bone of my bones or there abouts, why were those words written if not to be saying ( you are this now , you were something else before).

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    You have just done a wikipedia search and found a picture that was drawn by an artist who obviously gave no thought to the way their life began. I don't believe that Adam and Eve had belly buttons because they were created from the dust of the ground. Only a child born from a human mother is attached by an umbilical cord which dries up, falls off, and causes a belly button.
    Okay......I'll play along.

I showed you mine.....now show me a picture where they don't have belly buttons.

Only a child born from a human mother is attached by an umbilical cord which dries up, falls off, and causes a belly button.[/QUOTE]

Yes, my Mom did dry up and fall off after a while.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

So God ALSO has a belly button?

And he made "he" and "she". So was God a "he" making his dream "she", or a "she", making a "he"? Or are we talking a little of both....tranny? OMG!

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, the Wiki article you gave a link to discusses the belly button question, and the "Omphalos hypothesis," the notion that in order for the Earth to be "functional," God created it with mountains, trees, etc, fully developed, so any indication we find of their apparent age is going to false. Omphalos hypothesized that Adam and Eve had no navels, and the trees in the Garden of Eden had no growth rings.

I'm sorry, but when people start talking about the Earth being 6,000 years old, they are rejecting a huge body of scientific knowledge. That's why I compare it to saying that the Earth is flat, and I find it hard to even discuss it without being disparaging.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

[QUOTE=RoadToad;491666]Bob, the Wiki article you gave a link to discusses the belly button question, and the "Omphalos hypothesis," the notion that in order for the Earth to be "functional," God created it with mountains, trees, etc, fully developed, so any indication we find of their apparent age is going to false. Omphalos hypothesized that Adam and Eve had no navels, and the trees in the Garden of Eden had no growth rings.

Oh....oops. Okay, scratch that. Omphalos beat me to the punch line

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Okay......I'll play along.

I showed you mine.....now show me a picture where they don't have belly buttons.

Only a child born from a human mother is attached by an umbilical cord which dries up, falls off, and causes a belly button.
    Yes, my Mom did dry up and fall off after a while.[/QUOTE]