Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

C-land River Help

Trying to get a break and do some fishing later this week. Don't know what today's rain will make the TVA do for generation so here are my questions:
    What is the delay in the river fluctuation for major spots/miles downstream?
    Who can I call to do a car shuttle?

I would be using the canoe for gear storage, it will not be much good to fish from it, too tippy for fly fishing and if I do get something on a crank good luck landing it in high water or boat wake from somebody passing by.

Have never fished without HP behind the boat, usually put in and take out at the same landing.

I can always fish around the dam when water is too high to fish while wading.

I have fished from the dam to about six miles below Burkesville.

I have always just wade fished from the usual spots along the river, but have not been down there since the brookies were put in and don't know if they are concentrated in a particular area of the stream.

Thank you for any hints, will be fly fishing, throwing bait, and if I catch anything that will pass as legal bait; that goes back into the water with a circle hook.

I have looked at the weather, who knows...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C-land River Help

The prediction says 2.5 for the next 5 days, but that could change with today's rain. So typically 2.5 is one generator during the day and off at night. That should get you an easy day float from the dam to Winfrey's, and you could get out and fish the chute, long bar, and rainbow run.

But if you want to catch good numbers, fish up by the dam. Paddle across from the ramp and go upstream to the red sign. Beach your canoe and fish from the bank over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and as for a livery service, I don't know of any.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, have to just get someone to look after the kids and head out the door