Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

KY boy in Sarasota

Hey everyone, going to be in Sarasota next week 6/9 - 6/14 for a wedding and wanted to do some shore fishing. Any one have any tips I could use. I have poles and rod holders already just need some bait ideas and what is biting. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augertail View Post
    Hey everyone, going to be in Sarasota next week 6/9 - 6/14 for a wedding and wanted to do some shore fishing. Any one have any tips I could use. I have poles and rod holders already just need some bait ideas and what is biting. Thanks
    Nothing happening shore fishing?? Just one little bit of info, maybe......

Post Thanks / Like
    You can fish right off the beach as long as no one is swimming near you. You can also go down to Turtle Beach ( I think it is called on Siesta Key) the water is deeper closer to shore down there. And you can fish under the bridge going over to the Key. Go to CB's to get fishing information. They are on left just after going over bridge to Siesta Key. There is also a pier up towards St. Armand's that you could try.
    When I fished from the beach I used Storm Wild Eye Shiners. Another good bait is one called a "Gotcha". It is a metal bait that is popular.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you sir for the info, I will take this with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you have a good fishing report when you return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Live shrimp always works. Either under a popping float or rigged like a Carolina rig. Bad thing is every fish in the ocean eats shrimp! Squid is the best choice since it stays on the hook better. Dead shrimp is good as well.
    I was just in Bradenton in March and I used dead shrimp in the canals and caught snapper, ladyfish, stingray and a few small snook. Soft plastics work well like mentioned above. I would say a quick conversation with a local tackle shop and you would be sent in the right direction. Man I wish I was going back down there soon! Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. We only did shore fishing from outside the place we stayed. We caught a few fish, some I wasn't sure what they were. We mostly caught sharks, some guy said they were sand sharks. We ahd fun doing it and the wife was happy with the attention of showing the vacationers the sharks.