Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Forum software - Give it a try

Not that it really matters all that much, but .... my profile info says I joined in Dec 1969 (uh, I was in the US Army, in South Korea in 1969 ... and there weren't no "internet", back then ... LOL !! ) I'm thinkin it was more like sometime in 2000, since that was when I got my first PC.

Otherwise, looks good .. works good !

... pappy

ps .. I just noticed that everyone else posting on this page seems to have joined in Dec 1969 .... LOL !!!
    You are right. There was not much computing then at all. What happened was the pre 2006 forum software we used (DCScripts) did not have a Join date field. When we imported the data into this software in 2006 there was nothing to import regarding Join date. So what happened was it defaults to the first known date of the Unix Programming language. That's way back. There is no way to change it because it is just so deep in the root of language I was told.

I only have two options.

Hide the Join Date reference on the entire board.

and 2 -- which I just realized because you brought this up

I can change it manually as I just changed yours to 2000.

If anybody else wants their join date changed send me an email and I will be glad to do it.

peter@fishin.com
    Last edited by peter; 06-06-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

On the "Quick Navigation" feature, get them to get rid of the "Top" button and make it a "Go" button instead. With top you go to the top of the same page you are on. With go you click it and it takes you back to the sub-forum that is showing in the drop down box.

Much handier than using the drop down box and scrolling through all the child forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    On the "Quick Navigation" feature, get them to get rid of the "Top" button and make it a "Go" button instead. With top you go to the top of the same page you are on. With go you click it and it takes you back to the sub-forum that is showing in the drop down box.

Much handier than using the drop down box and scrolling through all the child forums.
    I'll check into that. Would it accomplish the same thing if the navigation " bread crumb" showing the path to the forum you are in was at the bottom as well as the top? Maybe that is why the "top" button is there to take you back to the navigation bread crumb? It really just needs a button at the bottom of every forum to take you back to the list of threads in that forum. That would be a lot smoother. I'll check. In the mean time I just noticed the easiest way to go back to forum list of threads after reading a thread is to hit the back button on the browser.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    In the mean time I just noticed the easiest way to go back to forum list of threads after reading a thread is to hit the back button on the browser.
    That works fine if it is a one page thread. But if it is multiple pages long and you have read through several pages you know need to hit th eback button several times. Same holds true if you post in the thread. If you have posted and hit back it takes you back to the posting screen and not to the home of the sub-forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    That works fine if it is a one page thread. But if it is multiple pages long and you have read through several pages you know need to hit th eback button several times. Same holds true if you post in the thread. If you have posted and hit back it takes you back to the posting screen and not to the home of the sub-forum.
    Yeah. You are right. I agree. I always thought is was a little difficult to get back to the list of threads myself now that I think about it. It would also be nice it it took you back to where you left off in the list of threads. I put this on todo list to see if anything is possible.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problems here. Looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Much improved viewing from Droid! No more resizing! Great job..

Post Thanks / Like
    That is good to hear. Earlier in thread somebody was having a problem logging in with droid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Test post from home computer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the new software update.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem logging in from Droid for me and its holding my user creditials. I also just figured out we now have an Auto Save feature. Way cool because my IE spell checker can sometimes wipe out a post before I post it.