Search Fishin.com

Thread: PeaBody

Post Thanks / Like

PeaBody

Does anyone fish any of the lakes or pits at PeaBody and if so are they worth driving to. It is about an hour and a half drive for me. I am not looking for which one to go to I can find my own just curious in general wether they are worth the trip. I do have a small boat and I will be after bass primarily but would take bluegill and crappie if they were available.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do go make sure you get the Peabody Permit. I have never fished them but have heard they are good for bluegill. There are a bunch and the launches are generally not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peabody lakes are great fishing for all types of fish, and you will have hundreds of lakes to chose from.

Island lake gets fished pretty hard, but it still holds lots of quality fish.

Do yourself a favor, and skip past any lake you find that has very clear water. Those lakes are the toughest to fish. A lot of the lakes have some HUGE redear and bluegill in them, and you could catch a limit in a little bit of no-time. I've personally seen several 7+ pound bass caught from peabody lakes, including one 8 pounder caught by my aunt while fishing for redear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info we are headed down in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    When you go, be aware that many of the lakes are no longer owned by the state. Years ago you could throw your boat in any lake you could see from the gravel road. Not so any more. The state has been slowly selling off large parcels to private buyers. Twin Tiles lake is the most recent example. And in my opinion, Twin Tiles was the best LM lake there. Just pay attention to the signs.....Private Property!! The good news is there is still plenty of Peabody WMA water left and good fishing! Island, South.....
    Hope you do good this weekend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only fished there once while turkey hunting with a friend of mine and caught a 6 lb LM on a buzzbait there it was on one of the smaller lakes though I'm not sure on which one though.