Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stripper Pit Permits

The last couple weeks work has placed myself around a bunch of stripper pits. so far I've been around the lakes east of Oakland City and the pits south of Greene -Sullivan state forest. My question is does anyone know what kind of permit is needed to fish some of these lakes? Also who could I get in contact with to purchase one if needed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Many of the ones in the areas you mentioned are public and do not require a permit. If you use a trolling motor on DNR pits you will need to have an up to date sticker but you do not need a lake permit.( I hope I got that part right).

Post Thanks / Like
    By sticker are you meaning Boat Registration Sticker? You are right about not having to have a Lake Permit on the Port Side of the Bow of the boat. Those Lake Permits are only required for the Reservoirs and State Park Lakes. But the strip pits up by Sugar Ridge don't require you to have the Lake Permit on the boat. I'm not really sure what the up to date sticker would be though. So I'm just a little bit confused as to what that might be.

Call Sugar Ridge and ask them about those pits. If you go to the Office at Sugar Ridge they will have some paper maps of the area and those will show you the road and pits to help you figure out where you are going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Moveon View Post
    By sticker are you meaning Boat Registration Sticker? You are right about not having to have a Lake Permit on the Port Side of the Bow of the boat. Those Lake Permits are only required for the Reservoirs and State Park Lakes. But the strip pits up by Sugar Ridge don't require you to have the Lake Permit on the boat. I'm not really sure what the up to date sticker would be though. So I'm just a little bit confused as to what that might be.

Call Sugar Ridge and ask them about those pits. If you go to the Office at Sugar Ridge they will have some paper maps of the area and those will show you the road and pits to help you figure out where you are going.

It is the registration stickers I was referring to. Thanks for clarifying that. Also you need that lake permit for state forest lakes. Way to complicated.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Permit and Boat Registration Stickers

Well it's that time of the year again so I am responding to this thread one more time

The boat registration sticker is the one we get from the License Branch where we get the license plates for the cars, trucks and boat trailers. That the sticker with the year on it that's put on the front of the boat (both sides) to the Right of the Boat Numbers. The Other sticker is the Lake Enhancement Permit that we need to buy from IDNR that lets you fish the State Reservoirs and State Parks

Quote Originally Posted by raporter View Post
    It is the registration stickers I was referring to. Thanks for clarifying that. Also you need that lake permit for state forest lakes. Way to complicated.