Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Hey George, were they laughing before or after you stripped to your skivies. I can just here them now. And were their bangoes in the background?!?!?!?!??!?!
    I don't know........I do know they loved the show though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've still got all my teeth, but I'd be laughing my azz too if I saw that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was with a buddy a few weeks ago and he was telling this older guy about a private lake he often sneaks in to bass fish in the middle of the night. Hes telling him about catching several six and seven pounders on each trip and also about a couple of eight pounders that he caught from the lake. And he is also telling him about all the posted signs and how he heard the guy who owned it is a real SOB if he catches somebody fishing there. The guy asks "is it a strip mine lake" "is there a old shop building with a old kenworth sitting next to it" "is there a old barge pump floating in one end of the lake" "is it over by highway #*** and highway#***"? My buddy says "Yeah thats the exact lake im talking about and have you ever fished it?"

The guy says "guess what i am the SOB you are talking about who owns that lake".

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a good one. It took me a while to read because I was laughing so hard.

I'll give you a tip for the future.

** Your system might not work as well on a different boat that you acquire.

I used to use the same system with my old bass tracker. It's a really fast and efficient way to launch a boat if you are by yourself. I like to launch fast to impress anyone that has nothing better to do than watch me. Maybe that is because I tow with a van ( Buick Lesabre at that time) which probably does not build confidence with those that might be watching or those waiting in line with turbo diesels.

So I am launching my new used boat for it's maiden voyage at the Clarksville ramp at the falls of the Ohio. Same procedure. Tie the bow line to the trailer and let the boat shoot off the trailer . When I get near the bottom of the ramp I hit the breaks to slow down a bit. The boat rolls off the trailer and onto the concrete. That is some pretty rough concrete over there plus I was going pretty fast. The first thing I did was look around to see if anybody is watching. I was safe on the spectator front.

I winched the boat back onto the trailer and I was on my way.
    Boat was OK.
    --
    A watched a friend of mine launch his 25' fiberglass cruiser at dale. He was backing in and the boat started to quickly slide off the trailer. It was actually rocking up and down on the back of the trailer and this was a big boat. Luckily he had the quickness of mind to floor his truck while in reverse and the trailer caught up with the boat and all went in the water at the same time.