Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Herrington Lake Launch Fees

I was applaud recently when I found the launch fees at Herrington Lake had risen from $5 to $10 for some of the worst ramps in the state. I realize I have the option to fish someplace besides Herrington, but what about the fisherman who doesn't have the resources pay these higher fees. Since we can't negotiate the fees with these dock oweners, I encourage eveyone paying these fees to ask the person collecting your $10 for a cash registar receipt.
    I have also heard (and seen) the new blacktop ramp in between Cane Run and the Dam is going to be a free launch. Does anyone have any information on this ramp?

Post Thanks / Like
    does this aply to all herrington ramps

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. This is all ramps. Last year a few ramps stayed at $5 but I was told by the Marina owners at these ramps that they were pressured to raise to $10 by the other Marina owners. The owner of Pandora said that they came up with a yearly fee of $100 and offer a senior citizen discount. Not sure what this is as I have about 25 years to qualify. If you fish Herrington alot it might be worth looking into. The folks at Pandora have always been real nice to me and they seem to not like that they were forced to raise the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are a lot of other places to fish where there is no fee to launch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to correct you on this but pandora and chimney rock and herrington marina are the only ramps charging 10 bucks for launch fees! Yes i think it is ridiculous to pay 10 bucks to put a boat in to go fishing!! Kennedy is still 5 bucks along with coffey's cove and i think bryants and gwinn island is still 6. I would hope that everybody starts giving these other marinas there business. I love herrington Lake and refuse to pay them launch fees!! i am there usually a couple days a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    I was applaud recently when I found the launch fees at Herrington Lake had risen from $5 to $10 for some of the worst ramps in the state. I realize I have the option to fish someplace besides Herrington, but what about the fisherman who doesn't have the resources pay these higher fees. Since we can't negotiate the fees with these dock oweners, I encourage eveyone paying these fees to ask the person collecting your $10 for a cash registar receipt.
    I have also heard (and seen) the new blacktop ramp in between Cane Run and the Dam is going to be a free launch. Does anyone have any information on this ramp?
    I spoke with Pam, the owner of Pandora this morning 6/20, she said that KU put the blacktop down at the ramp by the dam, but that it was ONLY for equipment for working on the dam, and Pam said KU told her that not even KU employee's can use the ramp for personal use, Pam also said that Kennedy's fee is 10$ as well, and their are on senior discount, but a yearly fee of $100
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in at kennedy thursday evening and it was only 5 dollars. I had called pandora and the lady told me they was all 10. Not true!!! They probably not gonna tell you its just 5 bucks to launch right across the lake!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had also heard that the KU ramp was only for KU work on the lake. They built it because it was costing so much to put in at the other docks. It's a nice looking ramp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdm123 View Post
    I put in at kennedy thursday evening and it was only 5 dollars. I had called pandora and the lady told me they was all 10. Not true!!! They probably not gonna tell you its just 5 bucks to launch right across the lake!!
    going tonight 6/20, will put in at Kennedy's, will take your advice......

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by floatman View Post
    going tonight 6/20, will put in at Kennedy's, will take your advice......

Gary
    Hey Gary,
    Read your chat with Lefebre. That was great!! Hey man let me know how you do at the big H.
    Later,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdm123 View Post
    went to Herrington last night 6/20, put in at Kennedy's, the office was closed, the honer box said $5.00 launch fee, I know were we will be putting in from now on, thanks wdm123

went up to Gwinn, fish our way back to Kennedy's, put in at 7pm - 2:30am, caught 2 fish, both were 14in, ruff night

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by floatman View Post
    went to Herrington last night 6/20, put in at Kennedy's, the office was closed, the honer box said $5.00 launch fee, I know were we will be putting in from now on, thanks wdm123

went up to Gwinn, fish our way back to Kennedy's, put in at 7pm - 2:30am, caught 2 fish, both were 14in, ruff night

Gary
    fished last weekend and done ok i guess. caught about 12 keepers saturday night but they didnt have a lot of size to them. The biggest was maybe 14 inches. Gonna go tomorrow night and see how it goes!!