Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Raid by KDFW in Franklin Ky

This post was on Craigs List for BG:

http://bgky.craigslist.org/sgd/3086725595.html

So, I'm guessing that selling a fish mount would be illegal also.?.?.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ESOX2009 View Post
    This post was on Craigs List for BG:

http://bgky.craigslist.org/sgd/3086725595.html

So, I'm guessing that selling a fish mount would be illegal also.?.?.?
    Pretty clear to me.i thought everbody knew this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by creekrock View Post
    I didn't know about this law. No need I guess if I'm not in the business of selling this stuff. Sounds like a raw deal to me. Hopefully public opinion can sway their judgement on this and just give a warning.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've seen people sell fish mounts on ebay. I'm guessing that not everyone knows about this.

I knew that you couldn't sell antlers or animal parts to anyone other than to a taxidermist or to someone with the correct license, but, I wasn't sure about fish.

I saw the guys on duck dynasty selling dead fish on TV.

Also, I just heard that a store in Bowling Green has a deer head hanging up for sale right now.

Post Thanks / Like

There are REAL criminals doing REAL crime.........

and KDFW , the state police, local police and sheriff department feel THIS is a good use of their enforcement dollars. GIVE ME A BREAK.

It sounds like the antique dealer obviously thought he was good.......OH and BTW....these animals have already been KILLED.

Sorry, but I think this his crap.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    i keep reading this over and over......and i keep coming back to the "endangered" qualification.

seems to me everything they have for sale either has a bag limit or creel limit etc.....which automatically removes that item from an endangered species list ?????

there HAS to be more to this.....?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stripernut View Post
    i keep reading this over and over......and i keep coming back to the "endangered" qualification.

seems to me everything they have for sale either has a bag limit or creel limit etc.....which automatically removes that item from an endangered species list ?????

there HAS to be more to this.....?????

It doesnt say endangered anywhere in the law that i see.It says protected.Im sorry these people got busted but they clearly broke the law.There are very good reasons for this law and it protects our wildlife for the law abiding sportsmen.

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesnt say endangered anywhere in the law that i see.It says protected.Im sorry these people got busted but they clearly broke the law.There are very good reasons for this law and it protects our wildlife for the law abiding sportsmen.
    The law was written 70 years ago.................Nothing was endangered back then.

I suspect this law was created because back then shooting anything in KY and stuffing it was a big deal. There were no bears, there were no turkeys, there were no deer, there were no coyotes..........

So I understand the law, but I DON'T understand why in the world the KDFW would be using it today or ENFORCING it today......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    correction noted....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You can't sell inedible parts of wildlife or mounts to anyone except a licensed taxidermist or fur buyer. Says that in the hunting guide.

Can't sell fish unless you have a commercial license and only to licensed buyers and markets.

Sorry Brights but you broke the law.

"Since we opened our doors in 2003 we have sold animal mounts: deer, turkey, bore, antlers, (shed's included.) etc. Not one item that we had stocked or sold was on the KY, U.S. or African Endangered Species List."

I wouldn't have put that out on craigslist. They just admitted to prior violations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

You can't sell inedible parts of wildlife or mounts to anyone except a licensed taxidermist or fur buyer. Says that in the hunting guide.

Can't sell fish unless you have a commercial license and only to licensed buyers and markets.

Sorry Brights but you broke the law.

"Since we opened our doors in 2003 we have sold animal mounts: deer, turkey, bore, antlers, (shed's included.) etc. Not one item that we had stocked or sold was on the KY, U.S. or African Endangered Species List."

I wouldn't have put that out on craigslist. They just admitted to prior violations.
    I agree with you. They are breaking the law and got caught. Maybe they didn't know they were breaking the law but I don't think so as they admit they looked into it. It would open up a whole new can of worms if you started letting people sell mounts and furs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Selling mounts without the proper license is illegal. The main reason for this is to deter or to not promote poaching. We are already way up on the list in the US on poaching related crimes. Now if all the sudden any Tom, Joe or Harry can sell mounts, they would be poaching deer and other critters at a more alarming rate then they are now.

Poaching on the property I control and oversee for Deer is already terrible, if these Nimrod's could sell mounts for a profit it would be complete chaos...

JM2 CENTS