Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smray002 View Post
    I agree with AllBoutBass. The lake is 8800 acres. Some of you that cannot catch fish and then get butthurt when somebody else does catch them needs to man up and figure out what you are doing wrong. Don't blame somebody for keeping two or three fish every trip they take. AllBoutBass and myself will offer fishing lessons for those of you that "can't find your game".

8800 acres--it is not a farm pond. Get a life "fishing wannabes". It is sad this had to be my first post but it needed to be said.
    I don't know that calling people "fishing wannabes" just because they don't like seeing fish taken out is really necessary. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with keeping fish often, especially from a larger lake like patoka. I just don't like seeing people complain about populations of fish on certain lakes when they keep a limit every time they go out, whether it be bass, panfish, catfish, etc. Just not a real good first post on a community forum such as this, but this is the internet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This thread was orgially about what was catching fish at Patoka. Who cares if someone keeps fish or doesn't. Besides many people all ready no about Patoka wheither there is a photo or not. There is tournaments on the lake every weekend. As for small lakes and ponds, I think we all can agree there is tremendous fishing pressure on them. It's not the limit that is the problem but people who don't follow those rules and keep more than they should or sizes they shouldn't. I think all the chatter is that we can all agree we are passionate about this sport and want what is best. Good luck to all on the water. Whether you practice Catch N Release or have a fish fry!

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my fish from Patoka taken during the Top 8 IBF tournament.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top 8 2011.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	3903  
    Last edited by drjochum73; 07-22-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: photo attached

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AllBoutBass View Post
    PICS

One didnt make it home...sorry, became table fare...the other ended up in my pond...
    Nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drjochum73 View Post
    Here is my fish from Patoka taken during the Top 8 IBF tournament.
    Mice one. Thanks for posting the photo. Gives me hope that I might get one like that on the end of my line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! This thread was orgially about what was catching fish at Patoka. Who cares if someone keeps fish or doesn't. Besides many people all ready no about Patoka wheither there is a photo or not. There is tournaments on the lake every weekend. As for small lakes and ponds, I think we all can agree there is tremendous fishing pressure on them. It's not the limit that is the problem but people who don't follow those rules and keep more than they should or sizes they shouldn't. I think all the chatter is that we can all agree we are passionate about this sport and want what is best. Good luck to all on the water. Whether you practice Catch N Release or have a fish fry!

Dan

I ageee. I have always thought that what one does with the fish they catch is their business...as long as they are following the rules. That is what the rules are for...to manage the fishery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I ageee. I have always thought that what one does with the fish they catch is their business...as long as they are following the rules. That is what the rules are for...to manage the fishery.
    + 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Was on the Lake Saturday morning and caught a couple keepers in 12ft on plastic. Fish seemed to turn off at noon, and with all the traffic I did too. Heard there was a jet ski accident and a couple folks got hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augertail View Post
    Was on the Lake Saturday morning and caught a couple keepers in 12ft on plastic. Fish seemed to turn off at noon, and with all the traffic I did too. Heard there was a jet ski accident and a couple folks got hurt.
    Air flighted out. From the area, I thought they hit low water, and ran aground, but the story didn't say that.

Sad.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Air flighted out. From the area, I thought they hit low water, and ran aground, but the story didn't say that.

Sad.......

Later,

Geo
    i have witnessed a boat and a jet ski on high ground the last 2 weeks,. it was entertaining waiting for their motor to explode.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have they added any additional markers to the lake to adjust for the low water problem. Seems like there would be additional signage or maybe patrols by DNR. The boat traffic is bad enough and now with limited water areas I can only image the potienal accidents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have they added any additional markers to the lake to adjust for the low water problem. Seems like there would be additional signage or maybe patrols by DNR. The boat traffic is bad enough and now with limited water areas I can only image the potienal accidents.
    None , be careful