Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hows the water levels at McAlpine?

Heading back to Louisville to visit for a few days. Interestingly enough my old high school buddy, who now also lives in Florida will be there at the same time. We plan on either hitting the falls and throw some big swim baits and zara spooks for hybrids and stripe or hit up Harrod's Creek, our old stomping grounds.

Its been so long so I cant remember how to read the water levels at the dam. Are they good for fishing right now? How has the hybrid bite been? Still too early or not? Before I left I remember doing really well and always got some nice slob hybrid and small stripe in the summers below the dam.

Any input would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Heading back to Louisville to visit for a few days. Interestingly enough my old high school buddy, who now also lives in Florida will be there at the same time. We plan on either hitting the falls and throw some big swim baits and zara spooks for hybrids and stripe or hit up Harrod's Creek, our old stomping grounds.

Its been so long so I cant remember how to read the water levels at the dam. Are they good for fishing right now? How has the hybrid bite been? Still too early or not? Before I left I remember doing really well and always got some nice slob hybrid and small stripe in the summers below the dam.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Water levels are really low..............they have been catching some hybrids though.

I bet you could get some good fishing from a yak if you bring it...........

Later.

Geo

Post Thanks / Like
    Id bring my yak but because I never go too far I dont have a true rack on my wifes car, just use pool noodles and ratchet straps. Not sure had it would hold for ten hours on the highway. Tempting though. I bet it would be a blast.

As long as there is enough flow for some whitewater, the bite was good just blind casting the plugs through the white water. If its low enough to wade directly below the upper gate. I cant wait, hybrid is one of my favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Id bring my yak but because I never go too far I dont have a true rack on my wifes car, just use pool noodles and ratchet straps. Not sure had it would hold for ten hours on the highway. Tempting though. I bet it would be a blast.

As long as there is enough flow for some whitewater, the bite was good just blind casting the plugs through the white water. If its low enough to wade directly below the upper gate. I cant wait, hybrid is one of my favorites.
    I think it still is.............I will check tonight and post again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll post on what happens to us this evening. Lower level is 11.0ft

Post Thanks / Like
    JDS.62

See this post for results on 21 June 2012

http://www.fishin.com/forums2/showthread.php?t=94032